activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Fateev, Maxim" <fat...@amazon.com>
Subject RE: Pulling consumer design
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 20:29:17 GMT
I see. I missed that lock happens at later time.

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: chirino@gmail.com [mailto:chirino@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Hiram Chirino
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 12:58 PM
To: activemq-dev@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Pulling consumer design

Maxim, the pending list is in a way already shared.  A message will still in all the pending
lists for which it matched the consumer.
Only at dispatch time does the message get 'locked' to go a specific consumer.

On 8/11/06, Fateev, Maxim <fateev@amazon.com> wrote:
> James,
> I'm looking into your change (430445) and don't understand how it solves problem of slow
consumer. It is essentially still a push model as Queue.dispatch actively pushes messages
to subscriptions. Subscriptions store unconsumed messages in "pending" list. So slow consumer
still will get its share of messages. I think temporary workaround could be sharing "pending"
list between all consumers that have same message selector.

--
Regards,
Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com