activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Kaha IndexItem
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 11:09:14 GMT

I'm considering adding an hashcode entry to the IndexItem in Kaha -
will will improve the performance for retrieving entries in a
persistent Map. A side-affect will be that this could introduce a non-
backwards compatible change for anybody currently using the Kaha
persistent adaptor.

  If anybody sees backward compatibility as an issue (i.e. is anybody
using Kaha persistence :) ) - please shout!
I wouldn't envisage this being a change in the release until 4.1 -
though it would still be possible to upgrade kaha IndexItems to the
new version on the fly the first time it's run - if folks see this is
as being a problem ? (ok - I'm trying to get away with being lazy)

cheers,

Rob

Rob Davies
http://rajdavies.blogspot.com/