activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ OpenWire .NET Example
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 14:43:43 GMT
On 7/28/06, cbourne <carl.bourne@intellect.co.uk> wrote:

> James,
>
> Thanks again for the help.
>
> We've managed to get this to work now using the default settings for
> ActiveMQ.
>
> It works great for smallish (around 1k) but when we send larger binary files
> (>20Mb) then the library seems to just stop part way through the send!

The out of the box ActiveMQ configuration is pretty modest and not
setup for much RAM buffer so you probably want to increase this. Note
messages are normally fairly small (say under 1Mb) and for larger
messages we tend to recommend using JMS streams...

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/jms-streams.html

whcih we've not yet implemented in NMS

> Are there any message/queue size settings we need to change?

I'd set a large value for the <usageManager> to around 400Mb or
something then run with a large heap size.

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/xml-configuration.html

BTW If you use 4.1-SNAPSHOT you can set this via the following which
is a bit simpler

<usageManager limitMb="400"/>

--

James