activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re:
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 15:23:08 GMT
On 7/27/06, Dhawan, Vikram (LNG-DAY) <vikram.dhawan@lexisnexis.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question regarding receive/acknowledge model in AMQ.
>
> If there are 2 consumers (running on separate machines) connected to AMQ
> server on the same queue. Consumer-1 receives a message and don't send
> acknowledge. Is consumer-2 will be able to receive this messages ever
> without consumer-1 explicitly disconnects from the AMQ server.

No - consumer 2 will not receive the message until consumer 1
terminates (or is disconnected from the broker).

At some point we could add some kinda inactivity timeout in consumers
so that if they grab messages and don't process them we silently
disconnect the consumer (so they give their prefetches back).

--

James
-------