activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Virtual Topics (was Re: Failover topic subscribers)
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 06:58:34 GMT
On 7/14/06, bmadigan <bmadigan@orbitz.com> wrote:

> I think something will need to be done in addConsumer(...). When a consumer
> subscribes to a queue called ActiveMQ.Virtual.GroupName.TopicName, the
> Destination is not created until someone sends a message to it.

I think we should fix that.

I've just committed a patch to AbstractRegion so that when
addConsumer() is called the destination will be lazily created (unless
the subscription is itself a wildcard etc). I wonder if that helps fix
your issue? Its basically the same code being used thats called on the
send() to auto create the destination so fingers crossed it solves
your problem.

--

James
-------