activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: Virtual Topics (was Re: Failover topic subscribers)
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 03:01:42 GMT
Sorry I've not responded to this thread yet - been a bit snowed on
other stuff. Yes I think we should be creating the destinations in
addConsumer() BTW.

The reason for the creation of the ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempQueue is I
think part of the usual advisory mechanism...

Incidentally in the example you give, was the consumer adding a
consumer to a temporary queue?

On 7/17/06, bmadigan <> wrote:
> I added logging to AbstractRegion and the virtual topics broker to see what
> destinations are created when a consumer connects.
> INFO  ConsumerGroupsBroker - Adding Consumer for Destination:
> topic://ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempQueue,topic://ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempTopic
> INFO  AbstractRegion  - Adding consumer:
> When I add a consumer, I'm not sure why it's destination is a temp advisory
> topic. I expect to see the destination that the consumer is listening on:
>  <property name="destination" value="ActiveMQ.Virtual.TESTGROUP1.TEST"/>
> ???
> I just noticed that the last 3 replies were to myself, so you were probably
> not notified.
> --
> Sent from the ActiveMQ - Dev forum at

View raw message