activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject [Idea] adding m2 plugins to run the various non-Java ActiveMQ clients...
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 10:14:03 GMT
We've got a great maven 2 plugin for running brokers and performance
test producers and consumers that will generate nice reports...

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/activemq-performance-module-users-manual.html

We should be able to setup automated performance test runs on
different hardware along with soak tests using this.

What we urgently need is a way to automatically test out the various
cross language clients we have - particularly C, C++ and C# but also
the various scripting clients.

We can build the plugins for C++ and C# using the m2 plugins; I wonder
if we could create m2 plugins to compile then run the C++ / C# clients
against a broker to create an automated integration test?

Even if we just use 1 box and run the broker in another process then
try run a test suite in C++ / C# it'd be great win.

Anyone fancy taking a stab at it?

--

James
-------