activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: handling slow consumers on non-persistent topics and AMQ-688
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 13:26:55 GMT
> The problem is there is a high likelyhood that we will need to also extend
> the MessageStore interface to provide some cursoring ablilities.  So the
> change is not going to just be sefcontained in the broker region package.

Ah I see - in that case I completely agree :).

How about we only make a branch when we decide we have to do some
major surgery, like changing the MessageStore? Maybe we can do a basic
spool-to-disk implementation which is not optimal but works without
major surgery? Or do you think its better to solve this via changing
the MesaageStore contract, to deal with spooling of non-persistent
messages anyway?

--

James
-------