activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Streamlining the ActiveMQ release process
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 06:15:06 GMT
Hi,

I just recently put up a ActiveMQ 4.0.2 release candidate for vote so while
it's fresh on my mind I'd like to see if anybody minds if I make a small
tweak to the way we label our snapshot versions.  I'd like to either change
it to 4.0-SNAPSHOT or even 4.0.x-SNAPSHOT.

The driver behind this change is that on the 4.0 branch, every time we do a
release (for example this 4.0.2 release), we have to remember to increment
the version on the branch on all the poms.  It's easy to forget to change
this and I don't see much value in changing the pom after every release.

--
Regards,
Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com