activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Should we add large String value support in MapMessage in 4.0.2 ?? re: AMQ-788
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 15:42:10 GMT
Hi Folks.

In 4.1 we added a patch that add support of handling large string values ( >
32k ) in map messages.  See:

I just wanted to see if you guys think we should backport that to 4.0.2also?

The only down side is that a slight incompatibility in marshaling is
introduced.  It only affect messages that use string values > 8k.  With the
patch once a string value is > 8k, we now use a different marshaling
strategy that allow for marshaling String values up to 2 gigs.  So if you
have <= 4.0.1 clients talking to 4.0.2 clients sending map messages with
String values > 8k then the <= 4.0.1 clients may not be able handle the
messages from the 4.0.2 clients.

I think it's safe enough to add since we did not support large messages
anyways in 4.0.1.

--
Regards,
Hiram