activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Lalit Nagpal <lalitte...@rediffmail.com>
Subject ActiveMQ-cpp, Stomp, Openwire - need guidance here - newbie newbie
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 07:20:51 GMT

Hi ...

We need a MOM that provides C++ API support (ActiveMQ does this ... but i am
a bit confused on ActiveMQ-cpp, stomp and openwire). I am running into
questions like why openwire would replace stomp, activemq-cpp says it is
swappable for both protocols.

What we intend to do in our application is we would be building a C++ layer
to talk to ActiveMQ and then we would be generating code on the C++ layer
for different languages (Java, Python, .Net etc) using Swig. Ours is a
service bus created mainly for the reasons of performance, integration etc.

Can somebody guide me on how i should proceed on these areas. I am a
complete newbie to ActiveMQ and want to run some samples to get a feel of
how ActiveMQ works (consider C++) only.

Please guide me on how to proceed.

Thanks in advance

Lalit Nagpal