activemq-dev mailing list archives

From bmadigan <bmadi...@orbitz.com>
Subject Re: Virtual Topics (was Re: Failover topic subscribers)
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:26:46 GMT

James.Strachan wrote:

> Incidentally in the example you give, was the consumer adding a
> consumer to a temporary queue?

Hmm, not intentionally, I'm not sure. I change the subscriber from a Topic
type to a Queue using the new Virtual prefix. When it was a Topic, I could
see the Virtual consumer being added in addConsumer(..), but after changing
it to a Queue type, addConsumer() was only being called for the advisory
topic. A little confusing. I'm not going to worry about it..