activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: C++ Code to talk to ActiveMQ
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:56:52 GMT
On 6/27/06, Lalit Nagpal <lalittechy@rediffmail.com> wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> Yeah 2 messages posted ... was a page refresh problem ... so by mistake
> posted it twice.

No worries :)

> I am a bit confused as to what STOMP and OpenWire have to offer.

They are basically wire formats (i.e. how are commands exchanged over
a socket). They are funcitionally similar; Stomp is super simple to
implement, OpenWire is much faster & binary but lots harder to write.

> Is it that my C++ code would interact with these APIs (STOMP and OpenWire)
> which in turn talk to ActiveMQ.

Neither are APIs. The C++ API for ActiveMQ is currently defined by the
CMS API (*) which has implementations for Stomp and OpenWire.
Typically for any language the Stomp client is way simpler and easier
to use; OpenWire is faster but takes a little longer to stabalize.

> Also what is the progress of OpenWire .. is
> there any code that I can download to get a feel of this.

Yes - see the CMS area of SVN.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/activemq/trunk/cms/

(*) just to complicate things, Amazon are in the process of donating
an alternative C/C++ client, we're just waiting for it to be attached
to a JIRA

--

James
-------