activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: STOMP and JMSType
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:20:24 GMT
On 6/14/06, Nathan Mittler <> wrote:
> On 6/14/06, James Strachan <> wrote:
> >
> > On 6/13/06, Nathan Mittler <> wrote:
> > > So it sounds like we're all in agreement on the content-type
> > header.  For
> > > text, it would be something like "text"
> >
> > There could be a few values of Content-type which map to text
> > (text/xml, application/soap, application/xml etc).
> >
> > Incidentally the default implementation for sending an ObjectMessage /
> > MapMessage to a Stomp client could be to use XStream to turn it into
> > XML and mark it as text/xml. Otherwise its gonna be extremely hard for
> > a typical Stomp client to read the message.
> So if we were to have text, object, and map messages all with a content-type
> of "text/xml", then we would need another parameter, such as the
> "amq-msg-type" that tells a JMS-like stomp client (such as CMS) which it is,
> so it can create the appropriate object to return to the user.  I could key
> off the amq-msg-type and then check the content-type to make sure it's XML,
> as expected.  Then I could parse the XML to create the MapMessage, for
> example.  Not quite sure how ObjectMessages would work, however.

Good point. I was kinda thinking of JMS -> Stomp so that any Stomp
client could actually read all the possible the messages from JMS.
But there's also the requirement that a Stomp client be capable of
sending a Map/Object message to an existing JMS consumer.

To send an ObjectMessages into ActiveMQ we could just parse the XML
from Stomp using XStream and set the body of the ObjectMessages to be
whatever XStream parses.

View raw message