activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: STOMP and JMSType
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 06:42:14 GMT
On 6/13/06, Nathan Mittler <nathan.mittler@gmail.com> wrote:
> So it sounds like we're all in agreement on the content-type header.  For
> text, it would be something like "text"

There could be a few values of Content-type which map to text
(text/xml, application/soap, application/xml etc).

Incidentally the default implementation for sending an ObjectMessage /
MapMessage to a Stomp client could be to use XStream to turn it into
XML and mark it as text/xml. Otherwise its gonna be extremely hard for
a typical Stomp client to read the message.

> and for bytes it would be
> "application/octet-stream".  So this would not be an application-level
> header, but would be used by my stomp client code to determine which message
> type to create.
>
> If we're all in agreement with that, then it seems to make sense that the
> default functionality of the broker be modified to handle content-type in
> this way.
>
> And if that's true, then it seems like this particular issue is resolved.
> This way, we get it into the 4.1 release with no problems.  We can create
> another issue to do the refactoring as you've suggested ... which will
> probably take a little more time and several conversations to get right.
>
> How does this sound?

Sounds great.
--

James