activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: Multi consumers threads question
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 16:21:40 GMT
On 6/1/06, MarasM <> wrote:
> Is it possible that ActiveMQ starts the same instance of consumer in multi
> threads ? Can we set ActiveMq to create just one instance of each consumer
> and not to run it in multi threads in the same time ?

I don't really follow what you want I'm afraid. The JMS specification
requires that messages are processed by a single MessageConsumer by
the Session in which its created; which means that  a single
MessageConsumer has its messages processed by a single thread. If you
want to use multiple threads to process messages then using JCA such
as Jencks does that for you...

which deals with the pooling of connections, sessions, consumers and
threads etc. Failing that use MDBs which do the same kinda thing

View raw message