activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multi consumers threads question
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 16:21:40 GMT
On 6/1/06, MarasM <comar44@wp.pl> wrote:

> Is it possible that ActiveMQ starts the same instance of consumer in multi
> threads ? Can we set ActiveMq to create just one instance of each consumer
> and not to run it in multi threads in the same time ?

I don't really follow what you want I'm afraid. The JMS specification
requires that messages are processed by a single MessageConsumer by
the Session in which its created; which means that  a single
MessageConsumer has its messages processed by a single thread. If you
want to use multiple threads to process messages then using JCA such
as Jencks does that for you...

http://jencks.codehaus.org/Message+Driven+POJOs

which deals with the pooling of connections, sessions, consumers and
threads etc. Failing that use MDBs which do the same kinda thing

--

James
-------