activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: STOMP and connect/connected handshake
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:05:22 GMT
Cross posting to the stomp mailing list too since someone there might
have some input on this.

I like the idea about supporting a command-id header.  I might prefer
the correlation header to be called response-id instead of
correlation-id.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nathan Mittler <nathan.mittler@gmail.com>
Date: Jun 12, 2006 6:13 AM
Subject: STOMP and connect/connected handshake
To: activemq-dev@geronimo.apache.org

For the new activemq-cpp library, we need to extend the STOMP
connect/connected handshake so that we get back a correlation-id for our
response correlator.  To do this, we need to send something in the connect
request that contains a client-defined command-id.  My first thought was to
just reuse the message-id header, but that is typically reserved for cases
when a client is expecting to acknowledge a message.  So rather than risk
breaking that paradigm, I created a new header "command-id" that is just
used on the connect message.  When the broker receives a connect request
with a command-id header, it creates a connected response with a
correlation-id set to the command-id of the original request.  This way the
client can treat the handshake as a true request/response.

Does anyone see any problems with adding this to the broker?

Regards,
Nate

--
Regards,