activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <>
Subject Re: Release Plan Discussion
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 16:15:22 GMT
On 6/6/06, Brian McCallister <> wrote:
> Hi folks, wanted to have a quick discussion about release plans and
> making releases go more smoothly based on how 4.0 has gone so far =)
> Proposed release process:
> 1) Someone decides we need a release. They cut a release candidate,
> using the planned version number, and post it to their home directory
> somewhere (presumably on Sign everything, make
> all the artifacts look like they are a release, etc.

As long as the only thing marking the release as RC is the release
candidate number in the directory path, I'm happy with this.

> 2) Call for a vote on the release, pointing people to the release
> candidate. While in incubation this will be a two-phased vote, first
> on the -dev list (binding votes by ppmc members), second on the
> incubator list (bcc the incubator pmc list to let them know about the
> vote) where binding votes are by incubator pmc members.

bcc the incubator after the vote on dev passes, or can it be done concurrently?

> 3) If vote passes, push over the same release artifacts as we voted
> on, to the distribution system and update the site to reflect the new
> release. Tell folks on -dev.

Right now while in incubator I think It just means copy to the maven
repo since I've heard that incubating projects cannot make use of the
mirror system.

> 4) When it has been picked up by mirrors make other appropriate
> announcements (announce@apache, -users, general@, etc).
> Thoughts?

Sounds great!

> -Brian