activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <bri...@apache.org>
Subject Release Plan Discussion
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 16:08:32 GMT
Hi folks, wanted to have a quick discussion about release plans and
making releases go more smoothly based on how 4.0 has gone so far =)

Proposed release process:

1) Someone decides we need a release. They cut a release candidate,
using the planned version number, and post it to their home directory
somewhere (presumably on people.apache.org). Sign everything, make
all the artifacts look like they are a release, etc.

2) Call for a vote on the release, pointing people to the release
candidate. While in incubation this will be a two-phased vote, first
on the -dev list (binding votes by ppmc members), second on the
incubator list (bcc the incubator pmc list to let them know about the
vote) where binding votes are by incubator pmc members.

3) If vote passes, push over the same release artifacts as we voted
on, to the distribution system and update the site to reflect the new
release. Tell folks on -dev.

4) When it has been picked up by mirrors make other appropriate
announcements (announce@apache, -users, general@, etc).

Thoughts?

-Brian