activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Mittler" <nathan.mitt...@gmail.com>
Subject STOMP and connect/connected handshake
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 10:13:38 GMT
For the new activemq-cpp library, we need to extend the STOMP
connect/connected handshake so that we get back a correlation-id for our
response correlator.  To do this, we need to send something in the connect
request that contains a client-defined command-id.  My first thought was to
just reuse the message-id header, but that is typically reserved for cases
when a client is expecting to acknowledge a message.  So rather than risk
breaking that paradigm, I created a new header "command-id" that is just
used on the connect message.  When the broker receives a connect request
with a command-id header, it creates a connected response with a
correlation-id set to the command-id of the original request.  This way the
client can treat the handshake as a true request/response.

Does anyone see any problems with adding this to the broker?

Regards,
Nate