activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Mittler, Nathan" <nathan.mitt...@sensis.com>
Subject New c++ library
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 16:02:50 GMT
All,
Tim Bish and I are just about ready with the new C++ library.  It
currently will only serve as a replacement for CMS (stomp C++ client),
but it's architecture supports pluggable connectors, so merging in the
openwire-cpp client code should be fairly easy.

Some of the features include:

1) stomp protocol (requies AMQ 4.0.1 or later for the added
request/response ids)
2) JMS 1.1-like API - consumers, producers, etc. - closely follows what
was done in the .NET client.
3) support for topics and queues (so far as they are supported by
stomp).
4) Connector architecture - facilitates having swappable protocols (can
use openwire or stomp without changing code)
5) meta-url syntax similar to the other libraries to support passing in
options on the url string.
6) complete suite of cpp-unit tests
7) integration-level tests (requires a broker)
8) Maven 2 build (uses Mojo native plugin)

I'd like to call this library "activemq-cpp", as it will support all the
JMS-like transports.  Of course, we'll want to merge in the openwire-cpp
code base into it early on to consolidate the two projects.

My idea was to post the code at people.apache.org/~nmittler (hopefully
this weekend) and let everyone take a look.  I'm open to other ideas.

Regards,
Nate