activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: The future of the ActiveMQ C++ clients
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 14:49:07 GMT
Hi Mats,

Yep, it should be possible to do 2 way ssl with ActiveMQ..  Perhaps
the harder part will will finding a place to hold the client
authentication info acquired from SSL to the broker.  Perhaps we just
stuff stuff into the connection info, not sure.

I think it would be nice if all clients supported that feature, but I
don't think it's a must have.

As for the road map for the c++ clients, I'm hoping that things get
consolidated down to 2 main sets of interfaces.  1st is the JMS like
c++ API that supports all the features that the java client supports.
2nd is a simpler api that's perhaps only implemented using the stomp
protocol.

How we consolidate the APIs, I'm not sure.  I think the C++ guys
behind the different implementations are the ones that need to come to
the table and discuss that.  If they don't get consolidated, it might
not be a bad thing.  It gives users choice, and in the end they will
pick what suits them best.

Regards,
Hiram

On 5/30/06, Mats Forslöf <Mats.Forslof@portwise.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The openwire-cpp client is complete with one exception - the SSL part. The reason for
this is that we would like it to support two-way SSL and before we starts to implement a two-way
SSL socket we need to hear what you think about this regarding to the ActiveMQ server. Are
there any problems with the current design to implement this and is it feasible for ActiveMQ
to support it in the next release (4.1)? Also, should all clients (C, C++, .NET, Java) support
this?

> How do we progress with the AMQ C++ clients. Do we have a roadmap or any plans regarding
the AMQ C++ clients? How do you think we should progress with the clients and into what? Should
we merge the existing projects (OpenWire, STOMP, ...) or should they coexist? It is probably
a bit confusing for the end users at the moment with several clients. I would like us to have
a discussion on all this and more. Please, feel free to share your thoughts on the issues
above.

--
Regards,
Hiram