activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Larrieu, Christopher" <>
Subject UsageManager not firing callback to JournalPersistenceAdapter
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 20:40:56 GMT

Several weeks ago I discovered that some odd bug was preventing the JournalPersistenceAdapter
from being notified when the UsageManager registered a memory increase.  The outcome of this
behavior is that when memory gets filled with persistent messages, producers block until the
periodic (5 min. I believe) checkpoint task stores all messages and evicts the in-memory copies.

I was unable to discern exactly what was happening, but it appeared that the CopyOnWriteArrayList
that the UsageManager uses for managing its listeners was getting trashed.  Since ActiveMQ
uses a back-ported implementation of this class, I suspected some subtle misbehavior between
JVM and API.

When I checked out the source from trunk several weeks ago, I found that this issue had disappeared.
 Now, playing with RC3, I note that it is back.

Does anyone know anything about this?