activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: openwire-cpp question
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:21:18 GMT
Hi Mats,

The fields of a command may have changed, but I don't think any of the
marshaller generators have changed.  So re-running the openwire
marshaller code generators should take care of the problem.

BTW:  On the java side we have developed test cases where each command
type gets marshaled to a file.  This file can act as a reference for
the other languages.  It should be possible to marshall a command in
c++ and compare it to the contents of the file.  Should help detect
when and on which commands the c++ marshaller get out of step with the
Java ones.

On 4/20/06, Mats Forslöf <Mats.Forslof@portwise.com> wrote:
> Hiram,
>
> Please specify what has changed in the protocol, it would save us a lot of time if someone
could post these changes to the mailing list, if it already has been posted sorry for not
observing it!

> Regards,
> Mats

condition checks, like you have for MACOS and have to modify code a little bit here and there
nothing major.

> > I am able to run it with AMQ-RC2 but when I tried to run it with latest SNAPSHOT
(04/18) it was getting stuck after receiving BROKER_INFO command.

> Wireformat may have changed a little.. perhaps we need to regenerate the openwire marshaller
for c++

> > I am not sure if latest SNAPSHOT is having issues because I had the same problem
with the STOMP C client it was getting stuck after sending the SUB command.

> There's been a small change to the stomp marshal ling.  Before we were inconsistently
adding \n after the \0 frame terminator.  So I changed the activemq side to all ways consistently
add the \n after the frame.
>  It also expects frames that are sent to it to also have the \n.
>
> I could rollback the requirement for frames that it receive have a \n, but I think it
would be better if the stomp protocol was a bit more consistent and just did things 1 way.
 So this could be what has broken some of the stomp clients.  I've updated the c and ruby
ones so that they work once again.

> > Thanks!
> >
> > Vik

tried to compile it with Sun compiler. The code is tested and can communicate with text messages
with the broker (as our test code does).

> > Hope to get the time to make the code compile with more C++ compilers as soon as
we get to a point where the code becomes complete.

> > David

this code what Sun Compiler didn't liked. Is this code tested?

> > Thanks!
> >
> > Vik

The latest version is called "source 060406.zip". It contains the full source tree as well
as make files and a test program.