activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Mittler" <nathan.mitt...@gmail.com>
Subject STOMP bytes messages
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 21:34:18 GMT
I'm trying to upgrade CMS to work property with bytes messages.  I assume
that a bytes message in stomp is simply a message that has a
"content-length" header, defining the size of the body.  My test is a
modification of the example in CMS, where I have a stomp publisher and stomp
subscriber through the same connection.  The publisher sends the message and
the subscriber should receive it (a sleep is done after the publish to
facilitate the receipt of the message).  This works fine for text messages,
but not so much with the bytes message.  I have logged the exact data that
I'm writing to the socket below (non-printable characters are in brackets to
show their decimal value).

SEND[10]content-length:10[10]destination:/topic/mytopic[10][10][0][1][2][3][0][4][5][6][0][0][0]

So the content-length is 10 and data it contains is: 0,1,2,3,0,4,5,6,0,0 ...
the extra null at the end is required by stomp to denote the end of the
frame.  So I send this out (without any indication of a problem) and it
seems that I get something in on the socket, but when I read, there is
nothing there - indicating a broken socket.  If I switch the code back to
using text messages, everything is happy.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Nate