activemq-dev mailing list archives

From ErinO <ErinOc...@hotmail.com>
Subject Cache Messages
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 22:00:17 GMT

Hi,

Active4.0 doesn't have CacheMessageStore etc. to do memory message caching
like in Active 3.2.1, it seems JournalMessageStore will do some memory
caching, but the problems are:
1) When the messages are written to DB, they are removed from memory as
well, if a consumer starts 5 minutes (default JournalPersistenceAdapter
checkpoint internal) after the producer, everything will become very slow.
2) In some cases, people, like us, may not want to use Journal due to it
writes data to a local machine, we want to skip journal and write to DB
directly, then ActiveMQ4.0 is very slow compare to ActiveMQ 3.2.1.

Can we have something similar in Active4.0, actually I am trying to write
such code, just I am not sure if there are some particular reasons that
ActiveMQ 4.0 doesn't have it?

Any comments.

Thanks

Erin