activemq-dev mailing list archives

From ErinO <ErinOc...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ 4.0 RC1 - durable topic
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:28:25 GMT

Hi, James:

Thanks for the explanation. The configuration flag will do for my case.

But I thought the purpose for the durable topic is to remove the order
dependency between the producer and the consumer. Also for a message to be
durable means it shouldn't get lost in any circumstances, if someone didn't
turn on the configuration flag you are going to add, he could lose messages
in this specific case.

In my opinion, it is better to fix the issue than just adding a
configuration flag.

Thanks.

Erin