activemq-dev mailing list archives

From ErinO <ErinOc...@hotmail.com>
Subject ActiveMQ 4.0 RC1 - durable topic
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:03:57 GMT

hi,

I run the example program ProducerTool.java/ConsumerTool.java with 4.0 RC1,
I created a durable topic and used ProducerTool to send 10 messages to
broker, then run ConsumerTool, but it couldn't receive any messages.

I debug into the code, looks like in Topic.java:
if (store != null && message.isPersistent() && !canOptimizeOutPersistence()
)
  store.addMessage(context, message);

private boolean canOptimizeOutPersistence() {
        return durableSubcribers.size()==0;
    }

As the broker is new, there is no durable subscriber, none of the message
get added to message store, that is why when running ConsumerTool.java, it
couldn't receive any messages. If I restart broker, all those durable
messages will get lost.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks

Erin