activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: [Heads up] new visualisation plugin available
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:51:16 GMT
I've just completed a second, more impressive visualisation that shows
all the connections on a broker together with the producers and
consumers, showing the flow of connection -> producer -> destination
-> subscriber -> connection.

To minimise noise I've left off the actual session objects from the
graph; you can kinda figure that out by the numbers in each
producer/consumer (the first number is the session and the second the
producer/consumer number)

On 3/27/06, James Strachan <> wrote:
> On 3/27/06, OG <> wrote:
> > Very nice.  Put some IP addresses there and refresh the DOT file periodically with
some numbers/stats, and I'll start drooling.
> You read my mind :)
> So right now this DOT file is real time; every time a destination is
> added/removed we regenerate the DOT file. So using the OS X tool, we
> get a real time graphical view. (We could hopefully add a kinda
> web/ajax client on top of this to get real time visualisations on the
> management portal too).
> The part I really want us to do is to graphically represent how
> connections, sessions, consumers & producers relate to brokers &
> destinations within the brokers; together with stats. There's a ton of
> useful visualisations we can do - our only limitation here is our
> imagination.
> I've put together a visualisation wish list wiki page...
> please if you can think of any interesting ideas for what we could
> visualise or how it could look, please add a note. Better still try
> patch the code to do it :)
> BTW if you are interested - here's the code for the real time
> rendering of the destination hierarchies....
> as you can see its pretty simple stuff; we've a ton of stats and
> information inside the broker that it'll be really easy to render as
> some kind of picture
> --
> James
> -------