activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Heads up] new visualisation plugin available
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 14:59:26 GMT
On 3/27/06, OG <ogjunk-amq@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Very nice.  Put some IP addresses there and refresh the DOT file periodically with some
numbers/stats, and I'll start drooling.

You read my mind :)

So right now this DOT file is real time; every time a destination is
added/removed we regenerate the DOT file. So using the OS X tool, we
get a real time graphical view. (We could hopefully add a kinda
web/ajax client on top of this to get real time visualisations on the
management portal too).

The part I really want us to do is to graphically represent how
connections, sessions, consumers & producers relate to brokers &
destinations within the brokers; together with stats. There's a ton of
useful visualisations we can do - our only limitation here is our
imagination.

I've put together a visualisation wish list wiki page...
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/ACTIVEMQ/Visualisation+Wish+List

please if you can think of any interesting ideas for what we could
visualise or how it could look, please add a note. Better still try
patch the code to do it :)

BTW if you are interested - here's the code for the real time
rendering of the destination hierarchies....
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/broker/view/

as you can see its pretty simple stuff; we've a ton of stats and
information inside the broker that it'll be really easy to render as
some kind of picture

--

James
-------