activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Dhawan, Vikram (LNG-DAY)" <>
Subject RE: JMX exception
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 14:38:16 GMT

Thanks for your help. I will look at the latest SVN HEAD and let you know.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Strachan []
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 4:17 AM
Subject: Re: JMX exception

I've just reviewed the code - there was one possible code path
(recovery) which could access the collection which was causing the
concurrent modification exception. All other accesses are within a
synchronized block so there is no possibility of the concurrent access

I wonder could you retry with SVN HEAD to see if you can still produce this?

On 3/24/06, vik Dhawan <> wrote:
> I looked at the code for method removeMessage() in the
> Class. This code is removing a
> message from the fail-fast iterator obtained in the code.
> It's definitely a hot spot for "java.util.ConcurrentModificationException"
> what i am seeing.
> I am not sure why developer of this code have chosen this implementation
> when its clearly written in Sun Collection Java docs for iterators.
> I will really appreciate if some one can explain that.
> Thanks!
> --
> Sent from the ActiveMQ - Dev forum at

View raw message