activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ Graduation From Incubator
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 02:11:41 GMT
On Mar 13, 2006, at 5:31 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> On Mar 13, 2006, at 5:05 PM, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>
>> Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>>>
>>> I understand this concern and agree with the solution, but we should
>>> remember that AMQ entered the incubator before this was a rule, so I
>>> for one didn't think it appled to them, since they are so close to
>>> graduation.
>>
>> 'So close to graduation'?  Whence comes that?  I think that
>> proximity is still very much up in the air, particularly given
>> Noel's opinion that
>
> If you read the email history, you will see that it was stated that
> the new rules would only apply to "projects close to gradation".
> So I hope you can see my point, regardless of if you agree with
> that point.

I just realized the size of the cross posting on this thread.  To be
specific, I am referring to the proposed new rules thread on the
general@incubator list (which isn't even on this cross post).  Of
course, I can't point to a specific email that made this policy, but
that was my understanding at the time.

Official policy documents would be really nice, especially
considering they take a huge amount of time to develop and would
hopefully slow down the rate of change in the incubator.

Sorry about that,

-dain