activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Ning Li" <Ning...@businessobjects.com>
Subject improve master/slave topology
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 22:52:03 GMT
Hi,

This is a continued discussion about dynamically reintroduce the master
after a failure, the original discussion is here.

http://forums.activemq.org/posts/list/468.page#1653

James idea about pausing the slave and synchronize two DBs is better
than stopping the slave and doing a manual sync. But I doubt this is
acceptable to us, as in real production environment, we won't be able to
pause the only message broker unless for a really short interval (I
guess have to less than one minute otherwise the end user will notice
it).

Maybe a broker-broker synchronization protocol is the ultimate solution,
just we are not sure how to get there. Any recommendation or
suggestions?

Thanks

Ning