activemq-dev mailing list archives

From John Sisson <jrsis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ RC1 first release candidate.
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:08:32 GMT
Some questions/comments about the RC1 binary:

* The README.txt file contains many links to activemq.org. - Created
AMQ-653 with patch attached.

* The RC1 binary contains activeio-2.1.jar in the lib directory and
inside the rar file.  It appears that there are dependencies on activeio
with a groupid of activeio instead of a groupid of incubator-activemq.
I was expecting the activeio jar to have the same version as the other
active-* jars now that ActiveIO is part of the ActiveMQ project ?

* etc/project.xml needs updating - Created AMQ-654

* The following should be changed to non RC versions of dependencies:

    - geronimo-spec-j2ee-management-1.0-rc4.jar
    - geronimo-spec-jms-1.1-rc4.jar
    - geronimo-spec-j2ee-connector-1.5-rc4.jar
    - geronimo-spec-j2ee-jacc-1.0-rc4.jar

* What is the planned timing of a jetty-6.0.0 final (non-beta) release?

* The docs directory in the binary distribution is pretty much useless.
It would be useful to have a capture of the wiki site.  For example, the
readme file points to the wiki for build instructions, but these
instructions are likely to change over time, so if someone wants to
build this puppy again in a year or two they will be totally confused.
What do you think?

John