activemq-dev mailing list archives

From John Sisson <jrsis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ forums
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 02:38:48 GMT
Hiram Chirino wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Nabble looks nice!  Thanks for pointing that out.  Is it possible to
> create accounts on gmane or nabble to post messages in the the forums?
>  Most users of forum software are the kind that just want to pop in
> and ask a quick question and then pop out.  Which is quite different
> for the use pattern that most of us developers have.  Something the
> bridge the 2 use cases would be most useful.

Having a further look at Nabble (never used it myself, but we have users
on the Geronimo list that use it) it appears these are the steps you
need to make before you can make your first post to a list:

* Register (for free) at Nabble: http://www.nabble.com/user/Register.jtp
* Receive and reply to the confirmation email from Nabble to confirm
your email address is valid.
* Go to the ASF list in Nabble (e.g. see Geronimo's at
http://www.nabble.com/Apache-Geronimo---Users-f135.html )
* Click on Post new message
* The Post New Message screen is displayed with a warning that if you
haven't subscribed that you must subscribe.
* Click on "how to subscribe" link
* Pop up window appears - click on Subscribe
* Receive and reply to subscription confirmation from ASF list

Once subscription is approved you can post a message.

So there are a few steps that have to be done, but it is quite simple.

Regards,

John