activemq-dev mailing list archives

From John Sisson <jrsis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ Graduation From Incubator
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 00:48:22 GMT
Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> On Mar 13, 2006, at 8:16 AM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>
>> Alan,
>>
>> Others are commenting on the infrastructure issues still on the plate
>> for
>> ActiveMQ.  And, yes, migrating out of JIRA is a PITA.  Jeff is proposing
>> that we end up running lots of JIRA instances because we have to pull in
>> several sets of JIRA imports from atlassian, codehaus, and elsewhere.  I
>> have no idea when Atlassian will support single project imports from
>> JIRA as
>> it does from Bugzilla.
>
> I agree it is important to have as much as possible on apache
> hardware.  It was my understanding until I read this thread here, that
> infrastructure was fine with leaving JIRAs for imported projects
> hosted remotely until the JIRA had a better import tool.  With the new
> possibility that Jeff Turner laid for an import, I think we should
> work on having one big import for everything that is moving or has
> moved from codehaus.  This would let us grab the ActiveMQ, ServiceMix,
> OpenEJB, and XBean jiras.

Is ActiveMQ and ServiceMix's JIRAs running at codehaus, it doesn't
appear to be (tracert showed a different network path compared with
codehaus)?

> As with the other issues here, this is a NEW possibility that I for
> one wasn't even aware existed until John brought it up.  I don't think
> we should hold this against the AMQ community.

I don't like holding up progress, but my concern is how much incentive
the project would have to move JIRA after incubation and whether it
would be better to do it now?  Also no date has been given by Atlassian
for when JIRA will have a better import tool - we could be waiting a
while.  The "Has the project migrated to our infrastructure?" item on
the status page seems misleading/pointless if a number of the project's
services are running on external systems.

Glad to see Hiram has started a thread on Infrastructure to discuss the
migration.

John