activemq-dev mailing list archives

From John Sisson <jrsis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ Graduation From Incubator
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:42:06 GMT
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> This is not a vote, but simply a discussion about the graduation of
> ActiveMQ from the Incubator. The status file is located here:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/trunk/STATUS
>
> We are proactively seeking feedback in the interest of graduation.
>

> Regards,
> Alan

In regards to the infrastructure items, IMHO JIRA is a critical service
required by the project and should be run on ASF infrastructure.

Some of the benefits of moving ActiveMQ's JIRA data to the ASF would be:
* JIRA svn integration (ability to see svn changes associated with a
JIRA issue)
* Backups of JIRA data under ASF control

Seems like now would be a good time to do this, but currently JIRA does
not have the ability to import data for a single project from data
exported from another JIRA instance (
http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-1604 ).

Would it be practical to follow Jeff Turner's suggestion in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-713 , e.g. downloading a
copy of JIRA 'Standalone' (built-in hsql db), load the data into it,
delete everything not relating to ActiveMQ, and create an export and
then run ActiveMQ's JIRA in a separate JIRA instance?

Once JIRA's import/export is enhanced we then could import the data into
the main ASF instance.

Thoughts?

Regards,

John