activemq-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ Graduation From Incubator
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 07:22:57 GMT
On 15 Mar 2006, at 03:54, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Personally, I do not consider ActiveMQ ready.  And I do believe
> that it
> should be targeting TLP status.  It has its own community, is
> separately
> releasable and useable in many projects, not just as part of a J2EE
> server,
> and would do better as its own TLP.  To reiterate, these are my
> views.  The
> Incubator PMC may share or differ in its collective view.

Just out of interest, who decides on if its going to be a TLP or
Geronimo sub project & how is that decision made?

> Keep in mind that I am not saying anything negative about
> ActiveMQ.  I like
> the project.

Great :)

> I have had quite constructive discussions with members of the
> project about possibly using the project.  It simply has a way to
> go before
> it is ready as a TLP.

What if folks involved in the project & on the Geronimo project don't
want it to be a TLP - at least not for a while yet? e.g. can't we
just use the Geronimo PMC until the time folks want/decide to start
to go TLP? Or is going TLP now mandatory?

> For that matter, as others have pointed out, it still
> has some way to go in migrating infrastructure, of which JIRA is
> only one
> issue, and is being addressed.

What other issues are there?

James