activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Jonas Lim" <j...@exist.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] create 4.0-RC1 release of ActiveMQ
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 03:44:23 GMT
[ ] +1 create the 4.0-RC1 distribution

regards,
Jonas
----- Original Message -----
From: "James Strachan" <james.strachan@gmail.com>
To: <activemq-dev@geronimo.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 18, 2006 1:22 AM
Subject: [VOTE] create 4.0-RC1 release of ActiveMQ

The 4.0 release of ActiveMQ is long overdue; since we started incubation
we've got out of the good habit of releasing early and releasing often. So
I'd like us to get back on track making frequent releases even though we are
still in the incubator (we can work on the community building and
infrastructure issues in parallel to getting good releases out that people
can use & give us feedback on).

So I'd like us to create a release candidate (4.0-RC1) of what 4.0 will be
so we can iron out any gremlins before the full 4.0 release.

I've put a Release Plan together on the wiki
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/ACTIVEMQ/Release+Plans

in particular
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/ACTIVEMQ/4.0+RC+1+Guide

So please can you vote on whether to go ahead and start making this release.
When the binary distro is done, we'll have another vote to approve the
distro - then ask for the Incubator PMC's blessing to actually ship the
release.

[ ] +1 create the 4.0-RC1 distribution
[ ] -1 veto the creation of the distro because: ......

Here's my +1

--

James
-------