activemq-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Minor build problem
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 09:38:51 GMT
On 27 Feb 2006, at 08:57, Mats Forslöf wrote:
> James,
>
> I'm trying to run the "openwire:generate" target but it fails with
>
> openwire:generate:
>     [java] Parsing source files in directory: src/main/java/org/
> apache/activemq/command
>     [java] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/javadoc/Type
>     [java]      at
> org.codehaus.jam.provider.JamServiceFactoryImpl.createSourceBuilder
> (JamServiceFactoryImpl.java:205)
>     [java]      at
> org.codehaus.jam.provider.JamServiceFactoryImpl.createBuilder
> (JamServiceFactoryImpl.java:158)
>     [java]      at
> org.codehaus.jam.provider.JamServiceFactoryImpl.createClassLoader
> (JamServiceFactoryImpl.java:137)
>     [java]      at
> org.codehaus.jam.provider.JamServiceFactoryImpl.createService
> (JamServiceFactoryImpl.java:78)
>     [java]      at org.codehaus.gram.Gram.main(Gram.java:33)
>     [java] Exception in thread "main"
>     [java] [ERROR] Java Result: 1
>
> Using JDK 1.4.2, maven 1.0.2 and have set both the JAVA_HOME and
> MAVEN_HOME. Have I missed something obvious?

Ah sorry about that. The build seems to work fine on OS X but
sometimes can fail on windows boxes (am guessing you're on windows?)
due to the javadoc classes not being on the classpath. Its the JAM
library we're using relying on javadoc rather than QDox which is
causing the issue. I think if you add the jar manually to your
CLASSPATH variable (or copy it into lib/ext) it should fix it. I'm
sure with some maven hacking we can figure out how to fix this, maybe
by trying to add the jar to the classpath in the maven.xml.

I can't remember the jar on windows - I think its tools.jar. You
could try patch maven.xml in activemq-core line 105 and try adding
some line like

       <pathelement path="${java.home}/lib/tools.jar" />

or something and that might fix it.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/