activemq-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Patch: C++ client
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:22:02 GMT
On 24 Feb 2006, at 15:44, Mats Forslöf wrote:
> Uploaded the file to http://jira.activemq.org/jira/browse/AMQ-592.

Patch applied - many thanks!

> Have only had time to briefly look at the new groovy scripts but
> they seem to be okay, will try them out shortly. Congrats with the
> C# client, we need a little more work on the C++ client before the
> first test flight but we're getting there.

Great :)

Incidentally I've just checked in a first cut at the marshalling code
generation for C++. Its pretty similar to the latest marshalling code
for C# and Java - where unmarshalling is fairly straightforward but
marshalling requires writing the size of the data structure first,
then writing the content in a separate method call. This allows
readers to know how much RAM is required to store a data structure
before it can be properly parsed. It also makes it easier to support
NIO / async IO based transports as then we know when we've received a
full command.

This code generation stuff will probably need a bit of tweaking to
get it to actually compile & work :) but its a start at least.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/