activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Li, Fan" <fa...@amazon.com>
Subject RE: help needed regarding to org.activemq.network.jms package
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 18:00:05 GMT
Hi Rob:

I have opened an issue at http://jira.activemq.org/jira/browse/AMQ and the Key for the issue
is AMQ-520. Based on the current code for the JmsConnector and its subclasses, I think what
is needed is probably two JndiTemplate objects, one for creating Foreign ConnectionFactory
and one for creating Local ConnectionFactory.

Fan

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Davies [mailto:rajdavies@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 5:35 AM
Cc: Li, Fan; activemq-dev@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: help needed regarding to org.activemq.network.jms package

Fan Li,

you can explicitly set the local ConnectionFactory on the JmsTopicConnector/JmsQueueConnector
- and use the JndiTemplate for initializing the foreign JMS provider.
The JmsMessageConvertor doc is misleading  in it's description - for inbound messages it will
expect foreign JMS -> ActiveMQ and outbound ActiveMQ -> JMS.
The JMS specification states that a JMS message provider should be able to convert a foreign
JMS Message if one is used - so this interface is only there if special marshaling is required.

cheers,

Rob