activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Mats Forslöf <Mats.Fors...@portwise.com>
Subject RE: Minor build problem
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 09:59:03 GMT

No problemo, either copying it to lib/ext or adding <pathelement path="${java.home}/../lib/tools.jar"
/> will do the trick.

Regards,
Mats

-----Original Message-----
From: James Strachan [mailto:james.strachan@gmail.com]
Sent: den 27 februari 2006 10:39
To: activemq-dev@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Minor build problem

On 27 Feb 2006, at 08:57, Mats Forslöf wrote:
> James,
>
> I'm trying to run the "openwire:generate" target but it fails with
>
> openwire:generate:
>     [java] Parsing source files in directory: src/main/java/org/
> apache/activemq/command
>     [java] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/javadoc/Type
>     [java]      at
> org.codehaus.jam.provider.JamServiceFactoryImpl.createSourceBuilder
> (JamServiceFactoryImpl.java:205)
>     [java]      at
> org.codehaus.jam.provider.JamServiceFactoryImpl.createBuilder
> (JamServiceFactoryImpl.java:158)
>     [java]      at
> org.codehaus.jam.provider.JamServiceFactoryImpl.createClassLoader
> (JamServiceFactoryImpl.java:137)
>     [java]      at
> org.codehaus.jam.provider.JamServiceFactoryImpl.createService
> (JamServiceFactoryImpl.java:78)
>     [java]      at org.codehaus.gram.Gram.main(Gram.java:33)
>     [java] Exception in thread "main"
>     [java] [ERROR] Java Result: 1
>
> Using JDK 1.4.2, maven 1.0.2 and have set both the JAVA_HOME and
> MAVEN_HOME. Have I missed something obvious?

Ah sorry about that. The build seems to work fine on OS X but sometimes can fail on windows
boxes (am guessing you're on windows?) due to the javadoc classes not being on the classpath.
Its the JAM library we're using relying on javadoc rather than QDox which is causing the issue.
I think if you add the jar manually to your CLASSPATH variable (or copy it into lib/ext) it
should fix it. I'm sure with some maven hacking we can figure out how to fix this, maybe by
trying to add the jar to the classpath in the maven.xml.

I can't remember the jar on windows - I think its tools.jar. You could try patch maven.xml
in activemq-core line 105 and try adding some line like

       <pathelement path="${java.home}/lib/tools.jar" />

or something and that might fix it.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/