activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Datacom - Marcelo <marc...@datacom-telematica.com.br>
Subject another problem with sender/subscriber
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 12:32:33 GMT
I just did more tests with these samples now only with windows arch. (3
computers 2 xp professional 1 2003 server).
I did 2 tests one the broker runs in 2003 server and the other the
broker runs in a xp professional. In both when I send a message from
windows 2003 server all 3 subscribers receive that message but when a I
send a message from windows XP, only the 2 windows xp receives that
message.

There is no firewall enabled in any computer. I'm sending a copy of this
mail  to devel-mailing list because I believe that may be a bug (In the
code I wrote or in activemq). The only conclusion I get is that may be
an architecture dependant problem as we can see in all these tests in
Solaris, Win2k, XP and 2003 server.

Marcelo

Hi, as I told I write 2 small classes to demonstrate what is happening
here. The scenario is composed by 3 computers, one running
activemq-server (last stable version) in windows 2000 professional,  one
running solaris 8 and ond running windows xp professional. Java 5_04 is
used to run the codes.

I've created a common topic, a simple selector and I'd published a
message to all three subscribers from one computer at a time. Here is
the results:

When win 2k publishes:
solaris receives,
windows xp does not,
win2k receives (itself)
------------------------
When solaris publishes:
solaris receives (itself),
windows xp does not,
win2k receives
------------------
When windows xp publishes:
solaris receives,
windows xp receives (it self),
win2k receives

I sent attached the classes I used to run the tests, I may be doing
something wrong but this same tests run fine with OpenJMS and they are
so simple.
Just have to pass the openJMS server ip as parameter and the message is
published or topic subscriber.

Thanks in advance,

--
MARCELO Ribeiro