activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Li, Fan" <fa...@amazon.com>
Subject RE: Help needed regarding to org.activemq.network.jms package
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2006 20:50:13 GMT
Hi:

Sorry I have forgot to mention that our company provides our own implementation of JMS on
top of Rendezvous, so it can be treated as another JMS implementaion.

Fan

-----Original Message-----
From: James Strachan [mailto:james.strachan@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 12:41 PM
To: activemq-dev@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Help needed regarding to org.activemq.network.jms package

Hi Fan

On 31 Jan 2006, at 20:34, Li, Fan wrote:
> Hi:
>
> First of all, my apologies for spamming your e-mail account, but I am
> looking for help from any ActiveMQ developer who can help me answer a
> couple of questions.
>
> I am currently working on a Project that would help our company to
> switch our existing messaging applications to used ActiveMQ instead of
> our own messaging system that is based on Rendezvous.

Note that Rendezvous does not implement the JMS API, so the JMS bridge won't do. We need an
explicit JMS <-> RV bridge to handle pure Rendezvous. (TibCo has a JMS provider as well
but that isn't the same thing as Rendezvous and their JMS provider needs to be bridged to
RV).

Is it really RV you need or Tibco JMS?

FWIW I'm not sure if we are allowed to host an RV bridge in the Apache project as it would
depend on TibCo RV APIs  (though I guess its no different from depending on specific JDBC
drivers etc) - but I have started an experimental transport for ActiveMQ which talks native
TibCo RV if you are interested; I'll try put a distro of it some place.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/