activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Li, Fan" <fa...@amazon.com>
Subject Help needed regarding to org.activemq.network.jms package
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2006 20:34:07 GMT
Hi:

First of all, my apologies for spamming your e-mail account, but I am looking for help from
any ActiveMQ developer who can help me answer a couple of questions.

I am currently working on a Project that would help our company to switch our existing messaging
applications to used ActiveMQ instead of our own messaging system that is based on Rendezvous.
My project has to do with creating a bridge that enables the communication of applications
written using our messaging system to those applications written using ActiveMQ.  After looking
at ActiveMQ source code, I discovered a package, org.activemq.network.jms in the activemq-core/src/main/java
directory, and it seems to provide the bridge functionalities I am looking for. However, when
I was trying to test out the code in this package I run into a problem.

The init() method in JmsTopicConnector class calls the methods initializeForeignTopicConnection()
and
initializeLocalTopicConnection() to set the appropriate ConnectionFactory and Connection by
look them up from the JndiTemplate object of the class. The JndiTemplate object does object
lookup using a Context object that is created by the implementation of InitialContextFactroy
associated with "java.naming.factory.initial". This is a problem because different JMS implementations
have different InitialContextFactory classes, therefore it is not possible for one implementation
of InitialContextFactory to create Context object that is capable of looking up objects implemented
by two different JMS providers. Unless the association between "java.naming.factory.initial"
and the InitialContextFactory can be changed between the invocation of initializeForeignTopicConnection()
and
initializeLocalTopicConnection(), which would require code change in the JmsTopicConnector
class. Does anyone know a way to work around this problem?

Also, I need a bit of clarification on the description for the JmsMesageConvertor interface.
The Java doc for the convert method of this interface says that the method is used to "Convert
a foreign JMS Message to a native ActiveMQ Message", but should it also be used to perform
the reverse conversion, which is to convert from a native ActiveMQ Message to a foreign JMS
Message or is there a different interface that takes care of it?

Thank you

Fan Li