activemq-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help needed regarding to org.activemq.network.jms package
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2006 20:41:10 GMT
Hi Fan

On 31 Jan 2006, at 20:34, Li, Fan wrote:
> Hi:
>
> First of all, my apologies for spamming your e-mail account, but I
> am looking for help from any ActiveMQ developer who can help me
> answer a couple of questions.
>
> I am currently working on a Project that would help our company to
> switch our existing messaging applications to used ActiveMQ instead
> of our own messaging system that is based on Rendezvous.

Note that Rendezvous does not implement the JMS API, so the JMS
bridge won't do. We need an explicit JMS <-> RV bridge to handle pure
Rendezvous. (TibCo has a JMS provider as well but that isn't the same
thing as Rendezvous and their JMS provider needs to be bridged to RV).

Is it really RV you need or Tibco JMS?

FWIW I'm not sure if we are allowed to host an RV bridge in the
Apache project as it would depend on TibCo RV APIs  (though I guess
its no different from depending on specific JDBC drivers etc) - but I
have started an experimental transport for ActiveMQ which talks
native TibCo RV if you are interested; I'll try put a distro of it
some place.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/