activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Milestone Release
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2005 16:06:51 GMT
Hi Everyone,

Before arriving at the incubator, ActiveMQ was cutting periodic
Milestone releases so that uses could get better visibility on the
progress of the development.  The milestones were not really tied to
specific goals, but were done so that folks who are adverse to trying
out SNAPSHOTs could kick the wheels of this developing product and
get feedback to the developers sooner rather than later.

Now that ActiveMQ has dotted the 'i's and crossed the 't's of most of
the incubation checklist, http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/
ActiveMQ_Incubation, and we have gotten through most of the refactors
needed now that we have come to apache, I was hoping we could get our
first Apache based milestone done.

I know that being in the incubator imposes a few extra restrictions.
Is there a check list out there for this kinda thing that we can follow?

Regards,
Hiram