activemq-commits mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Lionel Cons (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (APLO-210) Apollo stops working after some time (with durable subscriptions)
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 05:56:42 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/APLO-210?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13396534#comment-13396534
] 

Lionel Cons commented on APLO-210:
----------------------------------

Hiram, we did reproduce the problem with debug enabled. Unfortunately, I do not see anything
standing out in the logs. There are many "created queue" messages for the same destination
but maybe this comes from using a topic with slow_consumer_policy=queue. The only other messages
are "producer route attaching" and "producer route detaching".

I don't know if the new stack trace helps (attached above).
                
> Apollo stops working after some time (with durable subscriptions)
> -----------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: APLO-210
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/APLO-210
>             Project: ActiveMQ Apollo
>          Issue Type: Bug
>         Environment: apollo-99-trunk-20120519.032132-42
>            Reporter: Lionel Cons
>            Priority: Blocker
>         Attachments: apollo.dump, apollo2.dump
>
>
> One of our applications using Apollo seems to trigger a very severe bug inside the broker.
> The application is very simple: a few short lived producers that send a few messages
to a single topic, disconnect and start again after some time, plus one or two long lived
consumers using durable subscriptions. All this works fine initially but after some time (15
to 30 minutes, it depends), this stops working and the sent messages are not received anymore.
> On the surface, the broker seems to be working fine and other clients do work. However,
the console reports weird statistics for the topic: the enqueued and dispatched counters do
grow while dequeued does not change. Worse: the broker is in a bizarre state and cannot be
stopped cleanly ("service apollo stop" yields to "Could not stop process PID") and only "kill
-9" can get rid of it.
> I've tried to reproduce the problem with simple scripts and I could not. I suspect a
concurrency problem between the concurrent producers and consumers.
> I will attach a stack dump of the broker when it is in this weird state. If this is not
enough, we can give you access to the broker the next time this happens.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message