activemq-commits mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From chir...@apache.org
Subject svn commit: r474626 [5/7] - /incubator/activemq/site/
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 02:12:37 GMT
Modified: incubator/activemq/site/news.html
URL: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/activemq/site/news.html?view=diff&rev=474626&r1=474625&r2=474626
==============================================================================
--- incubator/activemq/site/news.html (original)
+++ incubator/activemq/site/news.html Mon Nov 13 18:12:35 2006
@@ -257,6 +257,52 @@
     
                     <DIV class="blogSurtitle">
                 <IMG src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/blogentry_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" align="absmiddle">
+                <A class="blogDate" href="http://goopen.org/confluence/pages/viewblogposts.action?key=ACTIVEMQ&postingDate=2004%2F10%2F7&period=5">Thursday, October 7, 2004</A>
+            </DIV>
+        
+
+<DIV class="blogpost" style="margin-bottom: 30px">
+    <DIV class="blogHeading"><A href="2004/10/07/activemq-11-released-with-distributed-queues-and-topics-support.html">ActiveMQ 1.1 Released with distributed queues and topics support</A></DIV>
+
+    <DIV class="pagesubheading">
+                    </DIV>
+        <DIV class="wiki-content">
+         
+
+
+<P>I&apos;m very pleased to announce the new 1.1 release of ActiveMQ. You can download it from the <A href="download.html" title="Download">usual place</A></P>
+
+<P>This release represents a major increase in functionality; the new features in this release are:-</P>
+
+<UL>
+	<LI>distributed queues and topics and clusters of message brokers</LI>
+	<LI>auto-reconnection of clients across a cluster of brokers</LI>
+	<LI>support for high performance non-durable queues</LI>
+	<LI>wildcard support on queues (as well as topics)</LI>
+	<LI>transaction log and JDBC persistence in addition to JDBM and BDB</LI>
+	<LI>JNDI support for easy integration</LI>
+	<LI>HTTP tunnelling support</LI>
+	<LI>auto-broker discovery using Zeroconf (Apple Rendezvous) for a peer based network using high performance pointcast</LI>
+	<LI>composite destinations support (allowing a publish or subscribe operation on several queues and/or topics in one atomic operation, such as writing to N queues in one operation)</LI>
+	<LI>simpler pure-Java configuration API</LI>
+	<LI>heaps of bug fixes and new test cases</LI>
+</UL>
+
+
+<P>For a more detailed view of new features and bug fixes, see the <SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10520&styleName=Html&version=10632" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">release notes<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN></P>
+        </DIV>
+            <DIV class="endsection">
+        <B>Posted at 07 Oct @ 8:25 AM</B> by
+        <IMG src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/user_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" align="absmiddle" title="User Profile: James Strachan">
+            <A href="http://goopen.org/confluence/users/viewuserprofile.action?username=jstrachan">James Strachan</A>        |
+        <IMG src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/comment_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" align="absmiddle">
+                    <A href="2004/10/07/activemq-11-released-with-distributed-queues-and-topics-support.html#comments">0 comments</A>
+        
+
+    </DIV>
+</DIV>    
+                    <DIV class="blogSurtitle">
+                <IMG src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/blogentry_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" align="absmiddle">
                 <A class="blogDate" href="http://goopen.org/confluence/pages/viewblogposts.action?key=ACTIVEMQ&postingDate=2004%2F8%2F19&period=5">Thursday, August 19, 2004</A>
             </DIV>
         
@@ -265,7 +311,7 @@
     <DIV class="blogHeading"><A href="2004/08/19/activemq-10-is-released.html">ActiveMQ 1.0 is released</A></DIV>
 
     <DIV class="pagesubheading">
-                    Last changed: Oct 28, 2006 09:02 by     <A href="http://goopen.org/confluence/users/viewuserprofile.action?username=jstrachan">James Strachan</A>                    </DIV>
+                    </DIV>
         <DIV class="wiki-content">
          
 
@@ -299,6 +345,38 @@
 </DIV>    
                     <DIV class="blogSurtitle">
                 <IMG src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/blogentry_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" align="absmiddle">
+                <A class="blogDate" href="http://goopen.org/confluence/pages/viewblogposts.action?key=ACTIVEMQ&postingDate=2005%2F2%2F25&period=5">Friday, February 25, 2005</A>
+            </DIV>
+        
+
+<DIV class="blogpost" style="margin-bottom: 30px">
+    <DIV class="blogHeading"><A href="2005/02/25/activemq-21-released-with-high-performance-journalling.html">ActiveMQ 2.1 Released with high performance journalling</A></DIV>
+
+    <DIV class="pagesubheading">
+                    </DIV>
+        <DIV class="wiki-content">
+         
+
+<P>The new <A href="activemq-21-release.html" title="ActiveMQ 2.1 Release">ActiveMQ 2.1 Release</A> is out which includes full support for the high performance journal. </P>
+
+<P>Our default persistence mechanism is now the journal for short term persistence and then JDBC (via Apache Derby by default) for long term storage. The journal is regularly checkpointed with the database which gives great high performance while still providing good resiliancy (messages are on disk, not in RAM like some other providers do).</P>
+
+<P>This new release also includes a number of performance enhancements in both durable and non durable messaging as well as a number of bug fixes.</P>
+
+<P>You can get the release from the usual <A href="download.html" title="Download">Download</A> page.</P>
+        </DIV>
+            <DIV class="endsection">
+        <B>Posted at 25 Feb @ 4:05 AM</B> by
+        <IMG src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/user_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" align="absmiddle" title="User Profile: James Strachan">
+            <A href="http://goopen.org/confluence/users/viewuserprofile.action?username=jstrachan">James Strachan</A>        |
+        <IMG src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/comment_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" align="absmiddle">
+                    <A href="2005/02/25/activemq-21-released-with-high-performance-journalling.html#comments">0 comments</A>
+        
+
+    </DIV>
+</DIV>    
+                    <DIV class="blogSurtitle">
+                <IMG src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/blogentry_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" align="absmiddle">
                 <A class="blogDate" href="http://goopen.org/confluence/pages/viewblogposts.action?key=ACTIVEMQ&postingDate=2005%2F4%2F11&period=5">Monday, April 11, 2005</A>
             </DIV>
         
@@ -307,7 +385,7 @@
     <DIV class="blogHeading"><A href="2005/04/11/activemq-30-released.html">ActiveMQ 3.0 released</A></DIV>
 
     <DIV class="pagesubheading">
-                    Last changed: Oct 28, 2006 09:01 by     <A href="http://goopen.org/confluence/users/viewuserprofile.action?username=jstrachan">James Strachan</A>                    </DIV>
+                    </DIV>
         <DIV class="wiki-content">
          
 
@@ -335,6 +413,37 @@
 </DIV>    
                     <DIV class="blogSurtitle">
                 <IMG src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/blogentry_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" align="absmiddle">
+                <A class="blogDate" href="http://goopen.org/confluence/pages/viewblogposts.action?key=ACTIVEMQ&postingDate=2005%2F8%2F25&period=5">Thursday, August 25, 2005</A>
+            </DIV>
+        
+
+<DIV class="blogpost" style="margin-bottom: 30px">
+    <DIV class="blogHeading"><A href="2005/08/25/activemq-31-released-with-ruby-and-perl-support.html">ActiveMQ 3.1 Released with Ruby and Perl support</A></DIV>
+
+    <DIV class="pagesubheading">
+                    </DIV>
+        <DIV class="wiki-content">
+         
+<P>The long awaited <A href="activemq-31-release.html" title="ActiveMQ 3.1 Release">ActiveMQ 3.1 Release</A> is finally out. Who-hoo! Many thanks to all those on the <A href="team.html" title="Team">Team</A> who&apos;ve helped.</P>
+
+<P>This release includes support for Ruby and Perl thanks to the <SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://stomp.codehaus.org/" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">Stomp<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN> project together with <A href="activemq-31-release.html" title="ActiveMQ 3.1 Release">heaps of new features</A> such as better persistence, journalling and integration with JNDI, JCA, Servlets, Spring, WebLogic and JBoss. </P>
+
+<P>Go on, <A href="download.html" title="Download">Download</A> it today!</P>
+
+<P>Enjoy!</P>
+        </DIV>
+            <DIV class="endsection">
+        <B>Posted at 25 Aug @ 6:33 AM</B> by
+        <IMG src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/user_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" align="absmiddle" title="User Profile: James Strachan">
+            <A href="http://goopen.org/confluence/users/viewuserprofile.action?username=jstrachan">James Strachan</A>        |
+        <IMG src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/comment_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" align="absmiddle">
+                    <A href="2005/08/25/activemq-31-released-with-ruby-and-perl-support.html#comments">0 comments</A>
+        
+
+    </DIV>
+</DIV>    
+                    <DIV class="blogSurtitle">
+                <IMG src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/blogentry_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" align="absmiddle">
                 <A class="blogDate" href="http://goopen.org/confluence/pages/viewblogposts.action?key=ACTIVEMQ&postingDate=2004%2F6%2F23&period=5">Wednesday, June 23, 2004</A>
             </DIV>
         
@@ -474,104 +583,6 @@
 
     </DIV>
 </DIV>    
-                    <DIV class="blogSurtitle">
-                <IMG src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/blogentry_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" align="absmiddle">
-                <A class="blogDate" href="http://goopen.org/confluence/pages/viewblogposts.action?key=ACTIVEMQ&postingDate=2005%2F11%2F9&period=5">Wednesday, November 9, 2005</A>
-            </DIV>
-        
-
-<DIV class="blogpost" style="margin-bottom: 30px">
-    <DIV class="blogHeading"><A href="2005/11/09/new-features-in-40-exclusive-consumers-and-message-groups.html">New features in 4.0, Exclusive Consumers and Message Groups</A></DIV>
-
-    <DIV class="pagesubheading">
-                    </DIV>
-        <DIV class="wiki-content">
-         
-<P>We&apos;ve documented some of the new features coming along in <A href="changes-in-40.html" title="Changes in 4.0">the 4.x branch of ActiveMQ</A>. In particular the things I&apos;m particularly happy about are</P>
-
-<UL>
-	<LI><A href="exclusive-consumer.html" title="Exclusive Consumer">Exclusive Consumer</A></LI>
-	<LI><A href="message-groups.html" title="Message Groups">Message Groups</A></LI>
-</UL>
-
-
-<P>I really love <A href="message-groups.html" title="Message Groups">Message Groups</A>, they totally rock! <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"> Its well worth reading the overview of what they are and how they can be useful making a partitioned high performance grid style distributed system with ordering or fast caching etc.</P>
-        </DIV>
-            <DIV class="endsection">
-        <B>Posted at 09 Nov @ 10:06 PM</B> by
-        <IMG src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/user_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" align="absmiddle" title="User Profile: James Strachan">
-            <A href="http://goopen.org/confluence/users/viewuserprofile.action?username=jstrachan">James Strachan</A>        |
-        <IMG src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/comment_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" align="absmiddle">
-                    <A href="2005/11/09/new-features-in-40-exclusive-consumers-and-message-groups.html#comments">0 comments</A>
-        
-
-    </DIV>
-</DIV>    
-                    <DIV class="blogSurtitle">
-                <IMG src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/blogentry_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" align="absmiddle">
-                <A class="blogDate" href="http://goopen.org/confluence/pages/viewblogposts.action?key=ACTIVEMQ&postingDate=2005%2F10%2F26&period=5">Wednesday, October 26, 2005</A>
-            </DIV>
-        
-
-<DIV class="blogpost" style="margin-bottom: 30px">
-    <DIV class="blogHeading"><A href="2005/10/26/activemq-32-released-with-stomp-10-and-improved-ajax.html">ActiveMQ 3.2 released with Stomp 1.0 and improved Ajax</A></DIV>
-
-    <DIV class="pagesubheading">
-                    Last changed: Oct 26, 2005 03:54 by     <A href="http://goopen.org/confluence/users/viewuserprofile.action?username=jstrachan">James Strachan</A>                    </DIV>
-        <DIV class="wiki-content">
-         
-<P>This new release includes the following</P>
-
-<UL>
-	<LI>Improved <SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://stomp.codehaus.org/" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">Stomp<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN> 1.0 support to make it easy to create cross language clients such as for C, C#, Python, Ruby, Perl and Pike.</LI>
-	<LI>Ajax support now uses OpenRico as the default Ajax library</LI>
-	<LI>the Resource Adaptor now supports batching</LI>
-	<LI>demand based store and forward in networks</LI>
-	<LI>support for Informix JDBC</LI>
-	<LI>updated DTD for the latest Spring</LI>
-	<LI>various performance enhancements and bug fixes</LI>
-</UL>
-
-
-<P>For more details please see the <A href="activemq-32-release.html" title="ActiveMQ 3.2 Release">Release Notes</A></P>
-        </DIV>
-            <DIV class="endsection">
-        <B>Posted at 26 Oct @ 3:53 AM</B> by
-        <IMG src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/user_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" align="absmiddle" title="User Profile: James Strachan">
-            <A href="http://goopen.org/confluence/users/viewuserprofile.action?username=jstrachan">James Strachan</A>        |
-        <IMG src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/comment_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" align="absmiddle">
-                    <A href="2005/10/26/activemq-32-released-with-stomp-10-and-improved-ajax.html#comments">0 comments</A>
-        
-
-    </DIV>
-</DIV>    
-                    <DIV class="blogSurtitle">
-                <IMG src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/blogentry_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" align="absmiddle">
-                <A class="blogDate" href="http://goopen.org/confluence/pages/viewblogposts.action?key=ACTIVEMQ&postingDate=2005%2F10%2F11&period=5">Tuesday, October 11, 2005</A>
-            </DIV>
-        
-
-<DIV class="blogpost" style="margin-bottom: 30px">
-    <DIV class="blogHeading"><A href="2005/10/11/activemq-adds-xbean-support-for-custom-spring-xml-processing.html">ActiveMQ adds XBean support for custom Spring XML processing</A></DIV>
-
-    <DIV class="pagesubheading">
-                    </DIV>
-        <DIV class="wiki-content">
-         
-<P>Craig has a <SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://jroller.com/page/habuma/20051011" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">great post<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN> which describes how XBean can really help provide a <SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://docs.codehaus.org/display/XB/Custom%20XML" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">customized XML language<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN> with Spring XML configuration extensibility. We&apos;re really happy with it so far and have moved away from XSLT and custom DOM processing to the simpler XBean model in ActiveMQ and <SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://jencks.org/" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">Jencks<SUP><IMG class=
 "rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN> with <SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://servicemix.org/" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">ServiceMix<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN> to follow suit real soon now.</P>
-
-<P>Whats cool is we&apos;ve just about got a working XBean Ant task to auto-generate the configuration, the XSD and HTML documentaiton now. e.g. here&apos;s the <SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://codehaus.org/~jstrachan/servicemix.xsd.html" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">current<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN> ServiceMix generated documentation.</P>
-        </DIV>
-            <DIV class="endsection">
-        <B>Posted at 11 Oct @ 9:09 PM</B> by
-        <IMG src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/user_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" align="absmiddle" title="User Profile: James Strachan">
-            <A href="http://goopen.org/confluence/users/viewuserprofile.action?username=jstrachan">James Strachan</A>        |
-        <IMG src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/comment_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" align="absmiddle">
-                    <A href="2005/10/11/activemq-adds-xbean-support-for-custom-spring-xml-processing.html#comments">0 comments</A>
-        
-
-    </DIV>
-</DIV>    
 
 <P>
     <TABLE width="100%" cellspacing="0" class="grid">
@@ -586,7 +597,7 @@
         </TR>
                                             <TR>
                     <TD valign="top">
-                                                    <B><A href="http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOS/2006/10/24/IRC%20logs%20Oct%2023">IRC logs Oct 23 (created)</A></B>
+                                                    <B><A href="http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/2006/11/13/IRC%20Meeting%20-%2013%20Nov%202006">IRC Meeting - 13 Nov 2006 (created)</A></B>
                         
                                                                                                       <BR>
                             <SPAN class="smalltext"><STYLE>
@@ -602,91 +613,335 @@
 <DIV id="PageContent">
      <DIV style="color: #666666; font-size: 10px;">
                     News
-                            created by <B>    <A href="http://goopen.org/display/~bowens">Brent Owens</A></B>  (<A href="mailto:brentowens@gmail.com">brentowens@gmail.com</A>)        on Oct 24, 2006 14:33
+                            created by <B>    <A href="http://goopen.org/display/~rgould">Richard Gould</A></B>  (<A href="mailto:rgould@refractions.net">rgould@refractions.net</A>)        on Nov 13, 2006 15:59
         </DIV>
     <DIV style="border-top:1px solid #d3d3d3;">
                 <IMG src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/blogentry_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" style="float:right;" alt="News">
             </DIV>
     
-<P>1) Release Candidate 2 scheduling<BR>
-2) Video and Audio recording tools</P>
+<P>1: Need to hold commits on 2.2.x for a bit more<BR>
+2: keeping a clean .util<BR>
+3: splitting .referencing<BR>
+4: 2.3.x</P>
+
+<P>rgould: 1) 2.2.x commits still on hold: aaime <BR>
+aaime: This is just a warning that we have found some more bugs in geoserver 1.4.x and we&apos;ll have to release 1.4.0rc4<BR>
+aaime: so we need another week of peace on 2.2.x<BR>
+aaime: That&apos;s all<BR>
+rgould: okay, that should be okay from uDig&apos;s view<BR>
+aaime: If no comments, let&apos;s move on<BR>
+rgould: 2) Keeping a clean .util: acuster<BR>
+acuster: I notice someone starting dumping more code into .util<BR>
+acuster: this becomes a problem to document<BR>
+simboss: (who????)<BR>
+acuster: james!<BR>
+simboss: ( <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"> )<BR>
+jmacgill: morning<BR>
+desruisseaux: Hi James!<BR>
+jmacgill: amazig what a 2 hour time changes does<BR>
+acuster: both my questions are about keeping some sanity in the layers that are geotools<BR>
+aaime: Indeed, welcome!<BR>
+rgould: hi james!<BR>
+acuster: so i can document the stack<BR>
+acuster: if util is full of ten million pieces<BR>
+desruisseaux: New code on 2.3? Which code?<BR>
+acuster: it&apos;s a total pain to document<BR>
+acuster: Now .util needs to mirror iso<BR>
+acuster: so we <B>have</B> to have the naming stuff in there <BR>
+acuster: but could we not have some other dumping ground for other stuff?<BR>
+acuster: .useful or some other package/module/system<BR>
+desruisseaux: What were the new stuff dumped in .util?<BR>
+aaime: I don&apos;t know the situation. Do you think classes there could be moved somewhere else?<BR>
+aaime: Hmm... everybody still there?<BR>
+jmacgill: so this is code that is not required but just generaly helpful, whilst the naming code is required?<BR>
+simboss: I am<BR>
+desruisseaux: Yes, I&apos;m thinking...<BR>
+acuster: sorry, I can&apos;t fully ask that question because I can&apos;t acess svn these days<BR>
+aaime: Oh, sad<BR>
+desruisseaux: Doing an &quot;svn update&quot; right now...<BR>
+jmacgill: is it down?<BR>
+aaime: Don&apos;t you have a checkout?<BR>
+aaime: He&apos;s in a place with poor/intermittent interned connection<BR>
+acuster: the geoapi util is <B>much</B> smaller than geotools&apos; <BR>
+acuster: simboss, it was you who put stuff in .util?<BR>
+simboss: lately<BR>
+simboss: nope<BR>
+acuster: ah<BR>
+desruisseaux: Most stuff in util was mine, but I didn&apos;t added anything lately.<BR>
+simboss: I added like two or three classes a while ago<BR>
+simboss: but martin refactored them already<BR>
+acuster: well someone sent an email saying they needed to dump stuff <B>somewhere</B><BR>
+acuster: and I don&apos;t want .util to be the dumping ground if I have to document it<BR>
+acuster: okay, forget it for now then.<BR>
+aaime: Let&apos;s move things to the mailing list<BR>
+acuster: 3) splitting .referencing<BR>
+aaime: and hope interested people show up<BR>
+acuster: a bit on the same veing<BR>
+desruisseaux: Util is a mix of the following: naming (from GeoAPI), collection implementations, and some miscellaneous class hard to categorize.<BR>
+aaime: bleah, no wonder it&apos;s hard to document<BR>
+jmacgill: .misc <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
+acuster: yes<BR>
+acuster: that would be better<BR>
+acuster: is that possible?<BR>
+desruisseaux: The &quot;org.geotools.util&quot; name mirror both &quot;org.opengis.util&quot; and &quot;java.util&quot;...<BR>
+acuster: iso and geoapi have taken .util from us so it would be better, for me, if we didn&apos;t throw more stuff in there<BR>
+acuster: indeed, it was dumb of iso to take that name<BR>
+acuster: but that&apos;s hard for us to change<BR>
+desruisseaux: It still possible to suggest.<BR>
+acuster: or .utilities<BR>
+acuster: well if iso want to move  to .nameing or some such...<BR>
+desruisseaux: Why not open a JIRA task on GeoAPI and/or Geotools?<BR>
+aaime: Adrian, if you had to document java.util, would you face the same problem?<BR>
+acuster: no idea what&apos;s in java.util<BR>
+desruisseaux: Much more random stuff than &quot;org.geotools.util&quot;...<BR>
+aaime: a mix of about everything...<BR>
+acuster: desruisseaux, but geoapi is just mirroring the iso right?<BR>
+desruisseaux: Collections, timer, event...<BR>
+desruisseaux: Yes, GeoAPI try to mirror ISO, but ISO doesn&apos;t tell us that this package should be named &quot;util&quot;<BR>
+desruisseaux: (I don&apos;t think so)<BR>
+acuster: ah, okay. I&apos;ll JIRA it then.<BR>
+desruisseaux: And geoAPI do not follow ISO bindly. Some time there is slight departure when it make sense (but should always be annotated).<BR>
+acuster: couldn&apos;t we move collections and the other stuff to .utilities ?<BR>
+acuster: seems like the simplest solution<BR>
+desruisseaux: I suggest to open a JIRA task so we can comment there.<BR>
+acuster: okay.<BR>
+jmacgill: util + utilities would be confusing<BR>
+acuster: moving on<BR>
+desruisseaux: Yes, I think too...<BR>
+jmacgill: anyway, don&apos;t mind me, lots of getting up to speed to do<BR>
+acuster: referencing seems split to me between the stuff that is independent of DirectPosition (CRS and dependencies) and the Operations which use DP&apos;s<BR>
+acuster: is there a natural spit in there or am I simply imagining it?<BR>
+acuster thinks of refrencing/ referencing operations<BR>
+desruisseaux: There is some possible split, but I&apos;m not sure that it is a 100% clean split. It would need to be checked.<BR>
+acuster: okay. thanks. That&apos;s all from me.<BR>
+CIA-11: 03jyutzler 072.2.x * r22714 10geotools/plugin/vpf/src/org/geotools/data/vpf/ (VPFColumn.java file/VPFFile.java): Eliminates bug that breaks feature reading on variable width attributes<BR>
+desruisseaux: Well, I can add some more info:<BR>
+rgould: ok, last item<BR>
+desruisseaux: The ISO 19111 is totally independent of DirectPosition.<BR>
+desruisseaux: So the part that are strict ISO 19111 implementation are totally independent of any kind of geometric object.<BR>
+desruisseaux: (they are dependent on ISO 19115 metadata however)<BR>
+simboss: (someone just didi a committ to 2.2.x?)<BR>
+acuster: which takes us through CRS&apos;s?<BR>
+desruisseaux: Yes, ISO 19111 is all about CRS.<BR>
+acuster: simboss yes, jyutzler did<BR>
+desruisseaux: However, ISO 19111 do not provides anything for performing the actual coordinate transformation.<BR>
+acuster: right, I&apos;d like to split there<BR>
+desruisseaux: You can think about ISO 19111 as a description of the EPSG database structure in UML.<BR>
+aaime: Yuk... I don&apos;t mind, geoserver does not use vpf anyways<BR>
+aaime: He should have asked thought<BR>
+simboss: (shouldn&apos;t we hold)<BR>
+simboss: (aaime ask the guy to port the fix plz <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0">)<BR>
+aaime: Yeah, we should... but complainig about vpf is a waste of bytes...<BR>
+aaime: Yeah, you&apos;re right, I shall ask the forward port<BR>
+acuster: desruisseaux, I&apos;ll keep working on these docs and when I commit you can see the picture I&apos;ve formed in my mind spliting crs and transforms...<BR>
+desruisseaux: All operations working on DirectPosition are GeoAPI or Geotools extensions. The GeoAPI extensions are derived from a legacy OGC specification, OGC 01-009, which was in use before OGC adopt ISO 19111.<BR>
+desruisseaux: okay<BR>
+acuster: rgould, you had another item?<BR>
+rgould: yup<BR>
+rgould: 4) 2.3.x<BR>
+rgould: simboss, you mentioned you had something to say?<BR>
+aaime: simboss, the floor is yours<BR>
+simboss: ok <BR>
+simboss: well<BR>
+simboss: martin is doing a bit of needed and useful<BR>
+simboss: review<BR>
+simboss: on 2.3.x and trunk<BR>
+simboss: jody<BR>
+simboss: asked us to hold for the 2.3 release<BR>
+simboss: well<BR>
+simboss: holding a release<BR>
+simboss: when you have no time to actually do a release<BR>
+simboss: is always good<BR>
+simboss: <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
+simboss: but I nevertheles<BR>
+simboss: I think<BR>
+simboss: we could<BR>
+simboss: release<BR>
+simboss: another<BR>
+simboss: 2.3.x<BR>
+simboss: since a lot of bugs have been finxed<BR>
+simboss: since we released<BR>
+simboss: 2.3.m0<BR>
+aaime: Indeed, it&apos;s also consistent with the push to use 2.3.x we&apos;re dong on the users mailing list<BR>
+simboss: what do you guys think?<BR>
+desruisseaux: So we should release 2.3-M1 milestone?<BR>
+simboss: acustere<BR>
+simboss: what is the actual tag?<BR>
+simboss: rc1<BR>
+simboss: i think  nice series of MX<BR>
+simboss: would be great for users<BR>
+aaime: rc1 -&gt; are we going to do only bugfixes or what?<BR>
+desruisseaux: Maybe the RC1 tag was a little bit premature.<BR>
+simboss: i agree<BR>
+simboss: with martin<BR>
+acuster doesn&apos;t know<BR>
+acuster: hey jody, happy java liberation day!<BR>
+jgarnett: hi acuster<BR>
+jgarnett: ? oh yeah!<BR>
+jgarnett: he he<BR>
+simboss: what do you guys sugest?<BR>
+jgarnett: sorry am late from meeting (long weekend and I chose to be sick for it)<BR>
+acuster: simboss, you have no time to release anyhow right?<BR>
+simboss: weel<BR>
+acuster: does anyone need a new 2.3.x release?<BR>
+simboss: i am pushing alessio<BR>
+simboss: to find time to help<BR>
+simboss: for doing another prerelease<BR>
+simboss: asap<BR>
+simboss: to be honest<BR>
+simboss: the only day<BR>
+simboss: when I might actually have time<BR>
+simboss: is friday<BR>
+aaime: I guess the users trying to move from 2.2.x to 2.3.x would use that<BR>
+simboss: yeah<BR>
+desruisseaux: A milestone release may be usefull, but I would like to do some more work before to make an &quot;official&quot; release.<BR>
+simboss: it is fine for me<BR>
+aaime: Me too<BR>
+acuster: desruisseaux, how much more work (or how long do you need to finish your review?)<BR>
+simboss: but milestone or early access or whatever we want to call them  releases<BR>
+simboss: are needed<BR>
+desruisseaux: I&apos;m full time on that since Friday. It may take two weeks.<BR>
+acuster: I&apos;ll be in paris in two weeks, on broadband<BR>
+acuster: I could take a day then to do a release<BR>
+acuster: say around the 28th<BR>
+desruisseaux: Can we go back to a &quot;2.3-M2&quot; release even if the previous one was &quot;2.3-RC1&quot;?<BR>
+acuster: no<BR>
+rgould: small note: i&apos;ll be on vacation in northern Europe from mid-decemer until mid-january, so I will not be at any meetings<BR>
+desruisseaux: So it would be a &quot;2.3-RC2&quot; release, but with more changes than a usual &quot;Release Candidate&quot;?<BR>
+acuster: yeah, by now it should be 2.3.1<BR>
+jgarnett: Rgould can we ask you to check the logs and vote on anything that needs such while you are away?<BR>
+acuster: we should have release 2.3.0 weeks ago<BR>
+jgarnett: (cannot imagine we will do much over the holidays)<BR>
+rgould: sure<BR>
+acuster: and we should move to timed releases so we can not have this discussion <B>all the time</B><BR>
+jgarnett: for the release I do not mind helping out (I should just not take work time to do so)<BR>
+jgarnett: he he; acuster we have a tradeoff between working with volunteers and timed releases.<BR>
+desruisseaux: My issue with an official release is: how do we handle API that are expected to change?<BR>
+jgarnett: I was kind of hoping that we could have a PMC track a given release; but that has not worked for 2.3.x - perhaps it is time to do the rotation between PMC members idea.<BR>
+desruisseaux: I though that when the 2.3.0 release will be out, we will not be able to change the API without a &quot;deprecate, then remove&quot; cycle.<BR>
+jmacgill: I&apos;m confused why are we stuck with an rc, whats wrong with releaseing M1<BR>
+jgarnett: Would you like me to set up a rotation page - and ask the PMC members what they think?<BR>
+acuster: jmacgill, what was the last release?<BR>
+desruisseaux: The last release was 2.3-RC0<BR>
+jmacgill: the web side says M0<BR>
+desruisseaux: Ah?<BR>
+desruisseaux: So it may be our chance <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
+desruisseaux: (the SVN said &quot;2.3-RC0&quot;)<BR>
+aaime: Btw James<BR>
+aaime: we need to change geotools.org to point to docs.codehaus.org<BR>
+acuster: yeah, it looks like the web never got updated<BR>
+aaime: rc0 is not even on sourceforge?<BR>
+jmacgill: I was going to ask about that, ok, consider it done.<BR>
+aaime: Nice <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
+aaime: rc0 is nowhere to be found? Seems to be just a tag in svn?<BR>
+jgarnett: RC0 is deployed but not uploaded to SF near as I can tell<BR>
+jgarnett: (deployed to m2)<BR>
+aaime: Ah, to maven repos<BR>
+acuster vaguely remembers asking jgarnett to finish the deploy for him.<BR>
+acuster: <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/wink.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
+aaime: All the poms in 2.3.x seem to say rc1-snapshot, so we are set for an rc1 indeed<BR>
+acuster: <SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://geotools.sourceforge.net/" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">http://geotools.sourceforge.net/<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN><BR>
+acuster: is a pretty sad page<BR>
+jgarnett: indeed acuster :-P<BR>
+desruisseaux: <SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://sourceforge.net/projects/geotools" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">http://sourceforge.net/projects/geotools<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN><BR>
+aaime: You have to go there by hand thought<BR>
+desruisseaux: But this is true that it would be nice to set a better geotools.sourceforge.org page.<BR>
+aaime: From the geotools home page: &quot;The GeoTools 2.3.x is frozen for release.&quot;<BR>
+aaime: Martin, what are the API changes you still need to perform?<BR>
+desruisseaux: I&apos;m reviewing the work on the coverage branch merge.<BR>
+desruisseaux: Some private method has been changed into public ones because they were needed in some other place of Geotools.<BR>
+desruisseaux: If there is a need for them, all right.<BR>
+jgarnett: I can change the home page to &quot;no intended API changes scheduled&quot; if that would help<BR>
+desruisseaux: But some of those methods were private for purpose, and making them public sometime means moving them to a more appropriate place.<BR>
+desruisseaux: Sometime it also means adding the usual stuff for a public method (more arguments check, etc.)<BR>
+desruisseaux: Sometime the private methods are just not appropriate for a general usage outside its particular context.<BR>
+aaime: I still find a little hard to gaze thru the mists of the referencing package and decide how a place is better than others<BR>
+desruisseaux: In such case, I need to think about a replacement.<BR>
+aaime: Do you have a set of rules, a sense of aestetics?<BR>
+desruisseaux: the &quot;swapXY&quot; method is an example (I already commited yesterday a proposed replacement in XAffineTransform)<BR>
+desruisseaux: Sometime it is just mathematic.<BR>
+jgarnett: martin why not take the approach of locking down what you can; and waiting for email from someone asking you to open it up.<BR>
+aaime: Martin, I just would like to have some public, sharable set of rules so that we can avoid this dance all times the referenceing or coverage packages are touched<BR>
+desruisseaux: Because I don&apos;t want dependency on a method that is not appropriate for usage outside its context.<BR>
+jgarnett: (you can always put a comment to that effect right next to the method; we do this in uDig all the time to keep us coding rather then thinking ahead to senarios that may or may not come up)<BR>
+aaime: it&apos;s a waste of your time, and sometimes ours too<BR>
+desruisseaux: It may be a matter of not being familiar with an API.<BR>
+desruisseaux: The &quot;swapXY&quot; issue posted yesterday is an example.<BR>
+desruisseaux: It is not aesthetic. The &quot;swapXY&quot; method were used in a context where its assumption are not garantee to be hold.<BR>
+desruisseaux: A more rigorous approach exists, but it need to be more familiar with AffineTransform.<BR>
+desruisseaux: So I added a method working from the AffineTransform coefficient instead. This is not aesthetic, this is mathematic.<BR>
+aaime: Ok, thanks for the explaination <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
+aaime: Anyways, we are stuck with an rc1 or not?<BR>
+simboss: martin, can I ask you to summarise the changes you made in a really reallly small document<BR>
+simboss: so that I can apply them everywhere<BR>
+simboss: they fit?^<BR>
+desruisseaux: Yes. Would JIRA be an appropriate support for that?<BR>
+simboss: ??<BR>
+simboss: yeah<BR>
+jgarnett: wow just catching up on the news - they chose GPL? wow<BR>
+simboss: just put together an email with all the jira<BR>
+simboss: k?<BR>
+aaime: I guess most of the changes are needed in geoserver 1.5.x<BR>
+desruisseaux: Yes<BR>
+simboss: they are<BR>
+jgarnett: acuster I know the meeting time slot is kind of over; did you have any luck with the OSGeo contacts chris dug up?<BR>
+FrankW perks up.<BR>
+jgarnett: (I am getting a little fed up with the foundation process; I know volunteer time is the solution but still ...)<BR>
+aaime: Man, do we release gt2 2.3.0rc1 or what?<BR>
+acuster: jgarnett, FrankW we are waiting on the lawyer<BR>
+FrankW: jgarnett: Or simplification...<BR>
+acuster: he finally answered saying he&apos;ll answer<BR>
+acuster: so we are just waiting<BR>
+FrankW: acuster: you have posted specific questions to the lawyer (Porter?)<BR>
+acuster: aaime, we release 2.3.0-RC1 in two weeks despite the API changes, because that&apos;s the way things go.<BR>
+jgarnett: FrankW is their a board meeting you can bring the fact we are waiting up in? I never did find an Issue tracker for the iccubation process.<BR>
+acuster: aaime, at least I suspect that makes the most sense<BR>
+aaime: Agreed</P>
+    </DIV></SPAN>
+                                                                      </TD>
+                </TR>
+                                                <TR>
+                    <TD valign="top">
+                                                    <B><A href="http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOS/2006/11/10/GeoServer%201.4.0-RC3%20released!">GeoServer 1.4.0-RC3 released! (created)</A></B>
+                        
+                                                                                                      <BR>
+                            <SPAN class="smalltext"><STYLE>
+    .tag {
+        font-style: italic;
+    }
+
+    .smalltext {
+        color: #666666;
+        font-size: 10px;
+    }
+</STYLE>
+<DIV id="PageContent">
+     <DIV style="color: #666666; font-size: 10px;">
+                    News
+                            created by <B>    <A href="http://goopen.org/display/~bowens">Brent Owens</A></B>  (<A href="mailto:brentowens@gmail.com">brentowens@gmail.com</A>)        on Nov 10, 2006 12:00
+        </DIV>
+    <DIV style="border-top:1px solid #d3d3d3;">
+                <IMG src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/blogentry_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" style="float:right;" alt="News">
+            </DIV>
+    <P>The GeoServer team is proud to announce the latest release candidate for the 1.4 series: GeoServer 1.4.0-RC3.<BR>
+You can download it <A href="http://goopen.org/display/GEOS/GeoServer%201.4.0-RC3" title="GeoServer 1.4.0-RC3">here</A></P>
+
+<P>Some of the major changes are:</P>
+
+<UL>
+	<LI>Fixed reverse proxy issues</LI>
+	<LI>Run as a windows service is back</LI>
+	<LI>Avoid wfsdispath* files accumulation in temp directories</LI>
+	<LI>Shapefile delegate thread safety issues solved, and delegate can now return multiple feature types</LI>
+	<LI>Better names for generated files (shape, gml.gz, pdf, kml)</LI>
+</UL>
 
-<DIV class="preformatted"><DIV class="preformattedContent">
-<PRE>brent	1) RC2
-	aaime	It seems we do have some regressions that need to be fixed by Friday
-	brent	Andrea and I talked with Chris and it looks like we are aiming to get the next RC out this friday
-	brent	yeh
-	aaime	Chris want also some fixes about cascading WFS (not regressions)
-	brent	is it just the one or are there more?
-	aaime	Two regressions
-	aaime	And a few new bug fixes
-	--&gt;|	appetkov (n=appetkov@smoke-fire.us) has joined #geoserver
-	brent	even if we don&apos;t get them all this week, we can just put out another RC since they are just bug fixes
-	aaime	Chris did schedule a whopping 13 bug fixes for rc2: http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&amp;mode=hide&amp;sorter/order=DESC&amp;sorter/field=priority&amp;resolution=-1&amp;pid=10311&amp;fixfor=12967
-	sigq`	Title: Issue Navigator - jira.codehaus.org (at jira.codehaus.org)
-	aaime	Don&apos;t know if we&apos;ll make it :-)
-	brent	probably not, but we should release anyways
-	brent	and make an RC3
-	brent	some is just docs anyways
-	aaime	Hum... yes, let&apos;s try and fix the most important so that more people try it and report issues
-	brent	cool
-	aaime	We want 1.4.0 to be solid, and it&apos;s not easy given the storm that hit the codebase during the modularization
-	aaime	Anyway, you&apos;re right, most of them are easy fixes...
-	brent	are there any agenda items people want to discuss today?
-	aaime	Did you manage to test 1.4.0 on containers other than jetty=
-	brent	jboss and tomcat
-	aaime	Ah, does it work ok?
-	brent	resin was throwing up before it booted up
-	brent	yeh both worked
-	aaime	Uarg, what&apos;s wrong with resin?
-	brent	it&apos;s not finding struts libraries. I didn&apos;t spend any time trying to fix the issue
-	aaime	what about jetty6, still having issues with the normal (non embedded) distribution?
-	brent	I haven&apos;t looked at it again, but yes it was having issues. I&apos;m not sure if it is my machine or a windows thing
-	brent	cause no one else seems to have the issue
-	aaime	Hum... I can try out Jett6 tomorrow and see...
-	brent	cool
-	brent	oh, as a side note. Can anyone recommend good video recording tools that are good for making tutorials in Flash?
-	brent	I have been using Wink... but it is not so good
-	aaime	I can&apos;t...
-	groldan	no idea, would like to know too though
-	appetkov	to record screen activity?
-	brent	yeh
-	appetkov	and in what format?
-	jdeolive	jody made a nice one for udig, perhaps one of the udig guys knows
-	brent	flash
-	brent	they used Wink
-	jdeolive	i see
-	appetkov	flash--no idea...
-	brent	Wink doesn&apos;t support audio, so you have to record that separately and then merge the two. The issue is that Wink doesn&apos;t record in real time, so you have to play catch-up with the audio (very very time consuming)
-	brent	flash or just video formats would be fine
-	jdeolive	hmm, not nice
-	aaime	wink 2.0 can record audio
-	aaime	http://www.debugmode.com/userforums/viewtopic.php?t=2598
-	brent	relaly?
-	brent	cool
-	sigq`	Title: DebugMode Forums :: View topic - Wink 2.0 (windows) released. (at www.debugmode.com)
-	aaime	&quot;Audio (can record while capturing, as well as add/edit later) &quot;
-	brent	hmm
-	aaime	Just did a web search, don&apos;t shoot the messenger :-p
-	brent	:p
-	groldan	I know of vnc2swf, it records a vnc session to swf
-	groldan	I used it on linux
-	groldan	no audio though
-	brent	doh, I have a late 1.5 version before they went to 2.0
-	brent	oh well, I will try the new one
-	brent	thanks Andrea
-	groldan	if you have vmware workstation, it can record video
-	appetkov	groldan: that&apos;s what i was gonna suggest too..
-	aaime	my pleasure :-)
-	brent	ok I will try those out
-</PRE>
-</DIV></DIV>
     </DIV></SPAN>
                                                                       </TD>
                 </TR>
                                                 <TR>
                     <TD valign="top">
-                                                    <B><A href="http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/2006/10/24/Gant%20Version%200.2.0%20Released">Gant Version 0.2.0 Released (created)</A></B>
+                                                    <B><A href="http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GRAILS/2006/11/10/Grails%200.3.1%20Released">Grails 0.3.1 Released (created)</A></B>
                         
                                                                                                       <BR>
                             <SPAN class="smalltext"><STYLE>
@@ -702,20 +957,20 @@
 <DIV id="PageContent">
      <DIV style="color: #666666; font-size: 10px;">
                     News
-                            created by <B>    <A href="http://goopen.org/display/~russel">Russel Winder</A></B>  (<A href="mailto:russel@russel.org.uk">russel@russel.org.uk</A>)        on Oct 24, 2006 13:58
+                            created by <B>    <A href="http://goopen.org/display/~graeme.rocher%2540gmail.com">Graeme Rocher</A></B>  (<A href="mailto:graeme.rocher@gmail.com">graeme.rocher@gmail.com</A>)        on Nov 10, 2006 10:09
         </DIV>
     <DIV style="border-top:1px solid #d3d3d3;">
                 <IMG src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/blogentry_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" style="float:right;" alt="News">
             </DIV>
-    <P><A href="http://goopen.org/display/GROOVY/Gant" title="Gant">Gant</A> is a tool for creating Ant-task-based builds using Groovy scripting instead of XML.  Try it and I&apos;m sure you&apos;ll like it!</P>
+    <P>We&apos;ve just put Grails 0.3.1 up on the <A href="http://goopen.org/display/GRAILS/Download" title="Download">Download</A> page. This release serves to address some minor niggling issues with 0.3, and since the next 0.4 release is going to see some significant refactoring done to the codebase the Grails team felt that addressing these issues via development snapshots was not wisest thing to do <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></P>
 
-<P>This is, in fact, the first actual release. It got numbered 0.2.0 because there was a significant syntax revision, so 0.1.0 was never released.</P>
+<P>Enjoy!</P>
     </DIV></SPAN>
                                                                       </TD>
                 </TR>
                                                 <TR>
                     <TD valign="top">
-                                                    <B><A href="http://docs.codehaus.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=65081">Groovy &amp; Grails at WJAX in Munich (created)</A></B>
+                                                    <B><A href="http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GRAILS/2006/11/09/Grails%200.3%20Released">Grails 0.3 Released (created)</A></B>
                         
                                                                                                       <BR>
                             <SPAN class="smalltext"><STYLE>
@@ -731,18 +986,32 @@
 <DIV id="PageContent">
      <DIV style="color: #666666; font-size: 10px;">
                     News
-                            created by <B>    <A href="http://goopen.org/display/~hansamann">Sven Haiges</A></B>  (<A href="mailto:sven.haiges@googlemail.com">sven.haiges@googlemail.com</A>)        on Oct 24, 2006 06:33
+                            created by <B>    <A href="http://goopen.org/display/~graeme.rocher%2540gmail.com">Graeme Rocher</A></B>  (<A href="mailto:graeme.rocher@gmail.com">graeme.rocher@gmail.com</A>)        on Nov 09, 2006 08:20
         </DIV>
     <DIV style="border-top:1px solid #d3d3d3;">
                 <IMG src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/blogentry_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" style="float:right;" alt="News">
             </DIV>
-    <P>This year&apos;s <SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://jax.de/konferenzen/psecom,id,529,track,6,nodeid,,_language,de.html" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">WJAX <SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN>conference in Munich will feature some interesting Groovy and Grails sessions, BOF and round table discussions by Dierk K&ouml;nig, Peter Ro&szlig;bach and Sven Haiges that you might be interested in. Details can be found at the <SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://jax.de/konferenzen/psecom,id,529,track,6,nodeid,,_language,de.html" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">website of the conference<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN>.</P>
+    <P>The <SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://grails.org/" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">Grails<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN> team are pleased to announce the immediate availability of Grails 0.3 over at the <A href="http://goopen.org/display/GRAILS/Download" title="Download">Download</A> page. This releases packs in a load of new features and bug fixes that together count for over <SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILS?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:changelog-panel" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">114 JIRA issues<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN>. Some of the highlights of this release are:</P>
+
+<UL>
+	<LI>Huge advancements to <A href="http://goopen.org/display/GRAILS/GORM" title="GORM">GORM</A> with many-to-many support, improved inheritance support, new relationship management methods, a more concise syntax and more</LI>
+	<LI>Support for batch DML queries</LI>
+	<LI>Improved support for environments with the ability to specify different data sources, log configurations on a per environment basis</LI>
+	<LI>Support for the JSR-220 defined Hibernate merge method as a dynamic persistence method</LI>
+	<LI>New <A href="http://goopen.org/display/GRAILS/GSP%20Tag%20Reference" title="GSP Tag Reference">GSP tags</A> for helping with forms and so on</LI>
+	<LI>The runtime configuration engine has been entirely re-written and Grails now boostraps loads faster</LI>
+	<LI>Support for user defined <A href="http://goopen.org/display/GRAILS/Validation" title="Validation">validators</A></LI>
+	<LI>Many, many bug fixes and improvements</LI>
+</UL>
+
+
+<P>Thanks to all those who contributed and to the ever growing Grails community. We have big things planned for 0.4, so stay tuned <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></P>
     </DIV></SPAN>
                                                                       </TD>
                 </TR>
                                                 <TR>
                     <TD valign="top">
-                                                    <B><A href="http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/2006/10/23/IRC%20Meeting%20-%2023%20October%202006">IRC Meeting - 23 October 2006 (created)</A></B>
+                                                    <B><A href="http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GRAILS/2006/11/08/Grails%20Presentation%20at%20WJAX">Grails Presentation at WJAX (updated)</A></B>
                         
                                                                                                       <BR>
                             <SPAN class="smalltext"><STYLE>
@@ -758,322 +1027,50 @@
 <DIV id="PageContent">
      <DIV style="color: #666666; font-size: 10px;">
                     News
-                            created by <B>    <A href="http://goopen.org/display/~rgould">Richard Gould</A></B>  (<A href="mailto:rgould@refractions.net">rgould@refractions.net</A>)        on Oct 23, 2006 15:06
+                            updated by <B>    <A href="http://goopen.org/display/~hansamann">Sven Haiges</A></B> (<A href="mailto:sven.haiges@googlemail.com">sven.haiges@googlemail.com</A>) to
+            <A href="http://goopen.org/display/GRAILS/2006/11/08/Grails%20Presentation%20at%20WJAX">revision 3</A>
+            on Nov 08, 2006 11:00.
+                    created by <B>    <A href="http://goopen.org/display/~hansamann">Sven Haiges</A></B>  (<A href="mailto:sven.haiges@googlemail.com">sven.haiges@googlemail.com</A>)        on Nov 08, 2006 10:56
         </DIV>
     <DIV style="border-top:1px solid #d3d3d3;">
                 <IMG src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/blogentry_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" style="float:right;" alt="News">
             </DIV>
-    
-<P>1: WCS Client<BR>
-2: directory structure reorganization<BR>
-3: 2.2.1 zips on sf are currupt<BR>
-4: Docs<BR>
-5: timed release policy<BR>
-6: 2.3.0 release</P>
-
-<P>rgould: 1) WCS Client<BR>
-rgould: so I&apos;m going to be implementing a WCS client in geotools<BR>
-jdeolive: cool!!<BR>
-rgould: and i am requesting permission to create a module for it<BR>
-jgarnett: 4) docs get your docs<BR>
-chorner: vote?<BR>
-rgould: since there isn&apos;t really a plug-in system for grid coverages (GCE dead?), I guess it would either go in main/ or ext/<BR>
-jdeolive: rgrould, have you thought about how you are going to do the xml parsing?<BR>
-rgould: yeah, I was hoping to use your framework<BR>
-jdeolive: cool<BR>
-jdeolive: right now, the xml stuff is in ext<BR>
-aaime: Hem, are you implementing it in trunk?<BR>
-jgarnett: um, ...<BR>
-CIA-10: 03desruisseaux * r22325 10geotools/gt/ (68 files in 68 dirs): Removed &lt;organization&gt; and &lt;inceptionYear&gt; from the pom.xml files (exept for unsupported/example), since they are inherited from the parent pom.<BR>
-jgarnett: wcs should join wms as part of &quot;module&quot; - aka these things are core to the library and define new API<BR>
-rgould: i was going to implement it on 2.2.x (and so 2.3.x and trunk)<BR>
-jgarnett: so no need to vote, policy on directory use to the rescue <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
-aaime: Agreed<BR>
-jdeolive: what about xml then?<BR>
-rgould: yeah, I meant module/ not main/<BR>
-aaime: Justin&apos;s xml stuff is in trunk<BR>
-jdeolive: if rgould is goign to use gtxml then it will have to come along under module as well<BR>
-aaime: you won&apos;t find it in 2.2.2<BR>
-jgarnett: xml (and wcs) should lurk in &quot;unsupported&quot; until ready and then make the plunge when QA and Docs are up to snuff?<BR>
-aaime: (2.2.x)<BR>
-rgould: yes that could be an issue<BR>
-aaime: Yeah, it&apos;s a good one to start having some respect for rules :-p<BR>
-jgarnett: jdeolive can rgould work in &quot;unsupported&quot; land with you for a couple months?<BR>
-jdeolive: yeah sure<BR>
-jgarnett: note we have <B>one</B> rule violation right now, some testing only dependency on epsg-hsql :-P<BR>
-jdeolive: so shall i move the xml modules from ext to unsupported ?<BR>
-desruisseaux: What is in involved in a WCS client? I may be strongly interrested in that. But for easier participation, I usually appreciate developments to happen on trunk...<BR>
-jgarnett: yes please.<BR>
-jdeolive: ok<BR>
-rgould: desruisseaux: it would be very similar to the wms client<BR>
-jgarnett: martin trunk/unsupported is where WCS client work would happen.<BR>
-jdeolive: i would seriosly question things if this type of development didn&apos;t go on trunk <BR>
-desruisseaux: Fine Jody, thanks.<BR>
-rgould: using the ows framework in main<BR>
-aaime: Richard, you thought about 2.2.x because of uDig?<BR>
-rgould: correct aaime <BR>
-aaime: Next version will use 2.3.x anyways no?<BR>
-acuster: what version of uDig will you be targeting?<BR>
-aaime: So I guess you can develop on trunk and backport once stable?<BR>
-acuster: (or what aaime asked)<BR>
-rgould: yeah, it looks like that is what I will do<BR>
-jgarnett: rgould 2.2.x is closed, you cannot do your WCS work there (it would add new API)<BR>
-chorner: uDig 1.1.1 + gt 2.3.x<BR>
-jgarnett: 2.3.x is also nearing being closed.<BR>
-rgould: ah, right of coruse <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
-rgould: course <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
-jgarnett: we will be taking a fork of uDig on to geotools trunk within three weeks, basically when the jpox dudes managed to handle an GeoAPI filter<BR>
-aaime: Well, I guess there&apos;s nothing wrong in adding a new module<BR>
-acuster: uDig 1.1.1 will be on 2.3.x?<BR>
-aaime: once stable<BR>
-aaime: since it does not change the way other modules work<BR>
-rgould: ok, so I will create it in unsupported/ and begin work on it<BR>
-jgarnett: acuster - correct. <BR>
-aaime: it&apos;s not like changin an API from core<BR>
-rgould: right<BR>
-jgarnett: aaime, you are corrected technically - but socially we need to do <B>something</B> to help people adopt trunk.<BR>
-acuster: but the wcs work will be for udig 1.1.2, right?<BR>
-rgould: although I may add some code to main/o.g.data.ows.*<BR>
-jgarnett: but as I understand it gtxml is not avaialble in 2.3.x ?<BR>
-jgarnett: (because justin cannot support it in the wild yet)<BR>
-aaime: Jody, I guess we could relax a bit when our only desktop client is calling? :-P<BR>
-jdeolive: i think its there, beacuse the branch was created after i added it to trunk<BR>
-jgarnett: aaime, good point and I am literally in conflict of interests here <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
-jgarnett: jdeolive, part of the finally 2.3.0 check will be asking you if you want it in. Thinking.<BR>
-jdeolive: nothing that uses 2.3.x needs it<BR>
-aaime: It&apos;s just that I don&apos;t see something as big as uDig switch to trunk overnight, and we all have a vested interest in having uDig work on 2.3.x at least<BR>
-jgarnett: how about if richard really wants WCS in geotools 2.3.x we create that &quot;unsupported&quot; directory there as well as a home for prototype gtxml and wcs<BR>
-jdeolive: the only client is geoserver ows branch and that is developed against trunk<BR>
-jdeolive: i would prefer he backport to 2.3.x after it is stable<BR>
-rgould: that sounds alright to me. We can also revisit it, as it will take me a little bit to implement it<BR>
-jgarnett: richard and justin this is really your call (cause it is your work)<BR>
-desruisseaux: I would really prefer development work on trunk as well...<BR>
-rgould: yeah<BR>
-jdeolive: i dont want to maintain the parser in two places<BR>
-rgould: i agree - trunk, then backport when stable<BR>
-rgould: next item<BR>
-jgarnett: So timed release was one of the suggestions, the other was setting up each branch with a &quot;sponsor&quot;. This is a PMC issue because apparently that is in the scope of &quot;grunt work&quot;<BR>
-rgould: 2) directory structure organization<BR>
-rgould: desruisseaux<BR>
-jgarnett: (oh sorry was on the wrong topic)<BR>
-rgould: <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
-desruisseaux: I&apos;m done for the &apos;src&apos; directory according maven standards.<BR>
-desruisseaux: Now we may consider moving/renaming/splitting some modules.<BR>
-desruisseaux: There is the followig proposal by Jody:<BR>
-desruisseaux: <SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT-983" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT-983<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN><BR>
-desruisseaux: Opinion?<BR>
-desruisseaux: We are better to do this kind of job since we are making big structure change, in order to disturbe peoples only once.<BR>
-jdeolive: agreed<BR>
-aaime: Yeah... and main is in fact a cauldron with all kinds of stuff inside. Better split<BR>
-acuster voices his support for jody&apos;s last email suggestion.<BR>
-desruisseaux: So do we have a volunter for doing this split?<BR>
-desruisseaux: (I may not be the best one for this part)<BR>
-desruisseaux: (I mean, many peoples known &apos;main&apos; much more than me)<BR>
-jdeolive: its a bit involved, when i did this on the fm branch, it didn&apos;t split cleanly<BR>
-jdeolive: but sure, i can volunteer<BR>
-aaime: applause for Justin <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
-jgarnett: agreed: but obtaining the split I felt was important for making the code clear.<BR>
-jgarnett: justin I was trying to volunteer last weekend, you know exactly what is needed but do tag me with any questions.<BR>
-jgarnett: but yes jdeolive++ <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
-jdeolive: so when shall is start? should i give people time to get out of the pool again, or is everyone still out?<BR>
-desruisseaux: Thanks Justin <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
-jdeolive: np<BR>
-desruisseaux: There is one last change before to give the place to Justin. Do we agree with the following directories suggested by Jody?<BR>
-desruisseaux: maven/<BR>
-desruisseaux: demo/<BR>
-desruisseaux: modules/extensions<BR>
-desruisseaux: modules/library<BR>
-desruisseaux: modules/plugins<BR>
-desruisseaux: modules/unsupported<BR>
-aaime: looks fine to me<BR>
-rgould: i like it<BR>
-jdeolive: i know its nitpciky, but can we be consistent with the use of plurals<BR>
-desruisseaux: (basically &quot;ext&quot;, &quot;module&quot; --&gt; &quot;library&quot;, &quot;plugins&quot; and &quot;unsupported&quot; move into a &quot;modules&quot; directory)<BR>
-desruisseaux: &quot;demo&quot; &ndash; &quot;demonstrations&quot;?<BR>
-jgarnett: sure!<BR>
-aaime: demos?<BR>
-desruisseaux: &quot;library&quot; --&gt; &quot;libraries&quot;?<BR>
-aaime: libs<BR>
-jdeolive: i was thinking no plurals<BR>
-aaime: <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
-jdeolive: module/library<BR>
-jdeolive: module/plugin<BR>
-jdeolive: module/extension<BR>
-jdeolive: dempo<BR>
-jgarnett: oh, but those things make up the single geotools &quot;library&quot;, or &quot;tookit&quot;<BR>
-jdeolive: demo<BR>
-jdeolive: maven<BR>
-jgarnett: um, I have no real strong feelings about this one.<BR>
-acuster is working out of order: jody, when we split &quot;metadata&quot; out of &quot;referencing&quot; do we split &quot;util&quot; as well?<BR>
-acuster: plural!<BR>
-acuster: you look at the code, and in the dir is/are what? lots of modules<BR>
-acuster: modules/library makes semantic sense<BR>
-jdeolive: ok, i will delegate to acuster on this one since he is the head of qa<BR>
-acuster: module/library suggests that library <B>is</B> a module not that module/ holds a bunch of library modules<BR>
-rgould: can&apos;t pluralize unsupported<BR>
-rgould: (so could just leave it as is)<BR>
-acuster: ?<BR>
-jgarnett: I understand acuster, thinking.<BR>
-acuster: modules/unsupported (the modules which are unsupported)<BR>
-acuster: modules/extension (the modules which are extensions)<BR>
-acuster: oh<BR>
-rgould: so we are thinkg of them in terms of adjectives, not nouns<BR>
-acuster: there are two plurals at play here<BR>
-jgarnett: okay I get it<BR>
-rgould: thinking<BR>
-acuster: modules (should be plural)<BR>
-jdeolive: ha, i think i opened pandoras box <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
-acuster: extension...(can be singular) (I don&apos;t care)<BR>
-acuster: (actually singular is easier there)<BR>
-chorner covers eyes<BR>
-rgould: acuster: can you summarize what you recommend?<BR>
-acuster: maven/<BR>
-acuster: demo/<BR>
-acuster: modules/extension<BR>
-acuster: modules/library<BR>
-acuster: modules/plugin<BR>
-acuster: modules/unsupported<BR>
-rgould: +1<BR>
-acuster: doc/<BR>
-acuster: ...<BR>
-desruisseaux: +1<BR>
-jdeolive: +1<BR>
-aaime: +100, let&apos;s move on <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
-acuster: wait<BR>
-rgould: ok, desruisseaux you are willing to do this? when?<BR>
-desruisseaux: Waiting...<BR>
-acuster: jgarnett, can you answer the question about martin&apos;s second part?<BR>
-acuster: when I parsed referencing<BR>
-acuster: It seemed it was using two dependent libs util and metadata<BR>
-desruisseaux: (rgould: as soon as we agree on the directory structure, I will do it immediately and send an email to the list when I will be done)<BR>
-acuster: you are suggesting splitting one of those or both?<BR>
-rgould: cool, thanks<BR>
-chorner: modules --&gt; module ?<BR>
-chorner: hehe<BR>
-desruisseaux: &quot;modules&quot; at the root.<BR>
-acuster:  <SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT-983" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT-983<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN><BR>
-desruisseaux: current &quot;module&quot; would become &quot;modules/library&quot;<BR>
-acuster: bottom<BR>
-jgarnett: sorry was distracted.<BR>
-rgould: is this restructing going to take place on both trunk and 2.3.x?<BR>
-aaime is confused<BR>
-desruisseaux: On trunk only.<BR>
-jgarnett: acuster I am not sure about util and metadata (util shares a lot of ground with geoapi util)<BR>
-desruisseaux: (unless there is a demand for doing that on 2.3 too, but it is quite a fair amount of work)<BR>
-acuster: martin, am I right that util and metadata are clean splits within the current referencing?<BR>
-jgarnett: and metadata seems to be an innocent domain model of java beans (hardly needs to depend on anything)<BR>
-desruisseaux: acuster: The proposal for splitting metadata out of referencing was mine. This split would be 99% clean.<BR>
-rgould: i was just thinking it might make merging between 2.3.x and trunk harder, but with svn merge, it shouldn&apos;t be that big of a deal<BR>
-acuster: would it make sense to split util as well?<BR>
-desruisseaux: My idea was to keep &quot;org.opengis.util&quot; into metadata for now, maybe splitting later (but it would be a small module). Metadata need &quot;org.geotools.util&quot; anyway.<BR>
-acuster: okay, thanks<BR>
-acuster is done on this one<BR>
-jgarnett: (guys I am going to need to wander away, justin if people make it to the last agenda item can you provide a link to the GEOTDOC space where you will be documenting GTXML)<BR>
-rgould: we could skip to the last agenda item<BR>
-jdeolive: sure<BR>
-rgould: jgarnett: did you want to say anything quickly before you are distracted?<BR>
-jgarnett: Right, Adrian we started up the documentation following your intiatial draft<BR>
-rgould: ok let&apos;s just proceed as normal: 3) 2.2.1 zip files on sourceforge are corrupt<BR>
-rgould: ahh ok <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
-rgould: ignore me<BR>
-jgarnett: I broke tutorials into &quot;tutorials&quot; and &quot;advanced&quot;<BR>
-jgarnett: I have not heard much in the way of comment from PMC members so far<BR>
-jgarnett: (sorry that was a cut and paste mistake)<BR>
-jgarnett: <SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTDOC/Home" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTDOC/Home<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN><BR>
-jgarnett: Adrian even if we want to mess with the format I would like to give justin a place to capture GTXML documentation.<BR>
-jgarnett: And would like to see something useful for OSGeo graduation.<BR>
-jgarnett: Any questions, comments, ...<BR>
-aaime: I&apos;m wondering if there are easy paths from Confluence to docbook<BR>
-acuster has moved off of GEOTDOC into doc/user_manual<BR>
-acuster: GEOTDOC is dead to my work<BR>
-acuster: I&apos;m even considering moving to oowriter<BR>
-acuster: because I don&apos;t see much benefit to docbook these days<BR>
-acuster: was there any real reason we didn&apos;t want to do oowriter?<BR>
-jgarnett: we could do oowriter, but svn may not thank us ...<BR>
-jgarnett: ie conflicts could be hell<BR>
-acuster: yeah, that would have to be in the doc, with whatever multi-author system they have<BR>
-rgould: i think the file format is xml based<BR>
-acuster has not looked at things in detail<BR>
-jgarnett: acuster I would be fine with oo writer, it seems I need to download it to look at Bryce&apos;s edu-articles anyways.<BR>
-acuster: the file format is a zip ball of xml docs <BR>
-rgould: ack<BR>
-chorner: what would the benefit be?<BR>
-acuster: oowriter would be easy for anyone to edit<BR>
-desruisseaux: We could commit on SVN the unzipped XML file, so this is text file.<BR>
-acuster: docbook is hard<BR>
-acuster: confluence is a pain for big docs<BR>
-desruisseaux: I must admit that I love oowriter <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
-aaime: html, html!<BR>
-acuster: Action item: Adrian to investigate use of oowriter for the user_manual<BR>
-acuster: I&apos;ll get back to you all on it.<BR>
-aaime: Did anyone see this: <SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://www.binarycloud.com/index.php/Contributor/WritingPackageDocumentation" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">http://www.binarycloud.com/index.php/Contributor/WritingPackageDocumentation<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN><BR>
-desruisseaux: Oh yet, one more note: The oowriter XML format is now an ISO standard<BR>
-rgould: nice<BR>
-groldan: would worth a try: <SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://xml.openoffice.org/xmerge/docbook/" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">http://xml.openoffice.org/xmerge/docbook/<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN><BR>
-rgould: ok, shall we move on?<BR>
-rgould: 4) 2.2.1 zip files on sourceforge are corrupt<BR>
-aaime: Adrian, if you have time, have a look at the BinaryCloud page to<BR>
-acuster looked at the docbook oowriter link: it&apos;s not great<BR>
-acuster: okay<BR>
-jgarnett: so acuster shall we write in wiki for now and wait for your guidence?<BR>
-aaime: html is a nice compromise between usabibity and compatibility with version control systems...<BR>
-jdeolive: i know this came up before, but i dont want to have learn another documentation tool to hack up docs<BR>
-jdeolive: i mean, what do we have a wiki for then?<BR>
-aaime: I agree with the sentiment expressed by others: wiki is just a pain if you&apos;re doing more than a single page doc<BR>
-desruisseaux: Wiki may still in use for research work.<BR>
-aaime: (and it hurts even for a single page one)<BR>
-desruisseaux: I agree with aaime<BR>
-aaime: It&apos;s very good for collaborative development<BR>
-aaime: but it&apos;s not a serious tool for a serious doc <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
-acuster: sorry, was writing notes<BR>
-aaime: (look how many time the wiki has been totally broken when trying to re-organize things)<BR>
-acuster: jdeolive, write your stuff up wherever you want<BR>
-acuster: the time to port to whatever is minor compared to the time to write and polish<BR>
-aaime: Now when creating a page I do it in oowriter and then paste it in the rich editor <BR>
-jdeolive: ok, sounds good<BR>
-acuster: besides we can&apos;t do real docs until osgeo gives us a f(<B>&amp;(</B>&amp;(* letter to sign<BR>
-acuster: FrankW, you hear that frank? <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
-desruisseaux: Note: if we go along oowriter, we should try to have a good discipline about usage of styles.<BR>
-aaime: Let&apos;s think about how do we handle subversion before<BR>
-aaime: (oh the horror if a conflict arises in the zip files, or even in a huge xml doc we don&apos;t understand...)<BR>
-rgould: ok we are almost out of time <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"> we should take this to email and move on<BR>
-acuster: let&apos;s move on, i&apos;ll look into this<BR>
-jgarnett: acuster FrankW is just supporting us, we need to talk to chris holmes who is on the OSGeo board to get something done<BR>
-jgarnett: (FrankW would offer us the advice of bothering a board memeber)<BR>
-chorner sounds foghorn... &quot;next&quot;<BR>
-rgould: 4) 2.2.1 zip files on sf are corrupt: aaime, chorner ?<BR>
-chorner: &quot;Buildproblems&quot; thread: a user pointed out he couldn&apos;t unzip the gt2-2.2.1-src.zip<BR>
-rgould: bad upload?<BR>
-aaime: me neither<BR>
-chorner: seems like windows messed it up, or perhaps sf.net<BR>
-FrankW wakes up.<BR>
-chorner: I repackaged the zip on friday... an admin just needs to re-release<BR>
-rgould: is it uploaded?<BR>
-jdeolive: i gotta run guys, dessruisseaux, you will send an email when the reorg is done and I can split up main?<BR>
-aaime: I thought you did the upload?<BR>
-chorner: upload: yes<BR>
-rgould: can someone grant chorner admin access? (maybe I can)<BR>
-chorner: that should be all... next?<BR>
-desruisseaux: jdeolive: yes<BR>
-rgould: 5) timed release policy<BR>
-acuster: drop it until next time<BR>
-acuster: we should do this so that we are always debating who should be working on which branch<BR>
-acuster: 6) 2.3.0 release<BR>
-acuster: anyone know when this should happen?<BR>
-aaime: nope<BR>
-acuster: okay, i&apos;m done then. Thanks all<BR>
-aaime: Guys, just wanted to point out<BR>
-aaime: if you want to participate to the FID management discussion on the ml, feel free to do so :-p<BR>
-rgould has given chorner admin access on sf<BR>
-jgarnett: simone was working on 2.3.0 ...<BR>
-acuster: will continue on mailling list<BR>
-rgould: ok, thanks guys</P>
+    <P>The&nbsp; Grails&nbsp; presentation at <SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://www.jax.de/" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">WJAX<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN> (Munich, Germany) is available for download/online viewing. Audio recordings will be available in a few days both for German (thanx a lot to the organizer for recording&#33;) and English. You are invited to use / modify these presentations for your own Grails presentations (see <A href="http://goopen.org/display/GRAILS/Tutorials" title="Tutorials">Tutorials</A> section), spread the word&#33; <SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://slideshare.net/hansamann" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">Please watch and comment here<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A>
 </SPAN>. All comments will be used to update the presentations.</P>
+        <STYLE>
+        .diffadded{background: #ddffdd;padding:1px 1px 1px 4px;border-left: 4px solid darkgreen;}
+        .diffdeleted{color:#999;background: #ffdddd;padding: 1px 1px 1px 4px;border-left: 4px solid darkred;}
+        .diffnochange{padding:1px 1px 1px 4px;border-left: 4px solid #d3d3d3;}
+        .differror{background:brown;}
+        .diff{font-family:lucida console, courier new, fixed-width;font-size: 12px;line-height: 14px;}
+        .diffaddedchars{background-color:#99ff99;font-weight:bolder;}
+        .diffremovedchars{background-color:#ff9999;text-decoration: line-through;font-weight:bolder;}
+        .diffnav{display:none;}
+    </STYLE>
+
+    <DIV style="margin-top:50px; border:1px solid #d3d3d3;">
+        <DIV style="background-color:#E5E5E5; height:30px; padding:5px; margin-bottom:5px; border-bottom:1px solid #d3d3d3;">
+            <DIV style="float:left">
+                <H4 style="margin:0; padding:0 ">Changes between <A href="http://goopen.org/display/GRAILS/2006/11/08/Grails%20Presentation%20at%20WJAX?pageVersion=2">revision 2</A> and <A href="http://goopen.org/display/GRAILS/2006/11/08/Grails%20Presentation%20at%20WJAX">revision 3</A>:</H4>
+            </DIV>
+            <DIV style="float:right" class="smalltext">
+            <A href="http://goopen.org/pages/viewpreviouspageversions.action?pageId=66336">view all revisions</A> |
+            <A href="http://goopen.org/pages/revertpagebacktoversion.action?pageId=66336&version=2">revert page to version 2</A>
+            </DIV>
+        </DIV>
+        <DIV style="margin:5px;">
+            <TABLE>
+                <TR><TD valign="top" class="diffnav" width="1%"><A name="change0"></A>&nbsp;</TD><TD valign="top" class="diffnav" width="1%">&nbsp;<TD class="diffdeleted">The&amp;nbsp; Grails&amp;nbsp; presentation at [WJAX|http://www.jax.de] (Munich, Germany) is available for download/online viewing. Audio recordings will be available in a few days both for German (thanx a lot to the organizer for recording\!) and English. You are invited to use / modify these presentations for your own Grails presentations (see [Tutorials] section), spread the word\! [Please watch and comment <SPAN class="diffremovedchars">here|http://slideshare.net/hansamann]</SPAN> All comments will be used to update the presentations. </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD valign="top" class="diffnav" width="1%"><A name="change0"></A>&nbsp;</TD><TD valign="top" class="diffnav" width="1%">&nbsp;<TD class="diffadded">The&amp;nbsp; Grails&amp;nbsp; presentation at [WJAX|http://www.jax.de] (Munich, Germany) is available for download/online viewing. Audio recordings will be available in a few days both for German (thanx a lot to the organizer for recording\!) and English. You are invited to use / modify these presentations for your own Grails presentations (see [Tutorials] section), spread the word\! [Please watch and comment <SPAN class="diffaddedchars">here|http://slideshare.net/hansamann].</SPAN> All comments will be used to update the presentations. </TD></TR>
+
+            </TABLE>
+        </DIV>
+    </DIV>
     </DIV></SPAN>
                                                                       </TD>
                 </TR>
                                                 <TR>
                     <TD valign="top">
-                                                    <B><A href="http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JRUBY/2006/10/20/JRuby%200.9.1%20Released!">JRuby 0.9.1 Released! (created)</A></B>
+                                                    <B><A href="http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GRAILS/2006/11/08/Discovering%20a%20web%20application's%20security%20requirements">Discovering a web application&apos;s security requirements (created)</A></B>
                         
                                                                                                       <BR>
                             <SPAN class="smalltext"><STYLE>
@@ -1089,37 +1086,168 @@
 <DIV id="PageContent">
      <DIV style="color: #666666; font-size: 10px;">
                     News
-                            created by <B>    <A href="http://goopen.org/display/~enebo">Thomas E Enebo</A></B>  (<A href="mailto:enebo@acm.org">enebo@acm.org</A>)        on Oct 20, 2006 13:26
+                            created by <B>    <A href="http://goopen.org/display/~ae6rt">Mark Petrovic</A></B>  (<A href="mailto:mspetrovic@gmail.com">mspetrovic@gmail.com</A>)        on Nov 08, 2006 10:12
         </DIV>
     <DIV style="border-top:1px solid #d3d3d3;">
                 <IMG src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/blogentry_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" style="float:right;" alt="News">
             </DIV>
-    <P>The JRuby team is pleased to announce the release of JRuby 0.9.1.&nbsp;</P>
+    <P>Mark Petrovic has posted a new tutorial on how to profile a Java application&apos;s security requirements.&nbsp; The discussion is sufficiently general to encompass the treatment of Grails webapps.&nbsp; <SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://grails.org/Discovering%20a%20web%20application's%20security%20requirements" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">Find the tutorial here<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN>.</P>
+    </DIV></SPAN>
+                                                                      </TD>
+                </TR>
+                                                <TR>
+                    <TD valign="top">
+                                                    <B><A href="http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOS/2006/11/07/IRC%20logs%20November%207">IRC logs November 7 (created)</A></B>
+                        
+                                                                                                      <BR>
+                            <SPAN class="smalltext"><STYLE>
+    .tag {
+        font-style: italic;
+    }
 
-<P>Download: <SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://dist.codehaus.org/jruby" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">http://dist.codehaus.org/jruby/<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN></P>
+    .smalltext {
+        color: #666666;
+        font-size: 10px;
+    }
+</STYLE>
+<DIV id="PageContent">
+     <DIV style="color: #666666; font-size: 10px;">
+                    News
+                            created by <B>    <A href="http://goopen.org/display/~aaime">Andrea Aime</A></B>  (<A href="mailto:andrea.aime@aliceposta.it">andrea.aime@aliceposta.it</A>)        on Nov 07, 2006 14:58
+        </DIV>
+    <DIV style="border-top:1px solid #d3d3d3;">
+                <IMG src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/blogentry_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" style="float:right;" alt="News">
+            </DIV>
+    
+<P>Topics:</P>
 
-<P>This release has some significant improvements:</P>
+<P>1) 1.4.0rc3 release<BR>
+2) versioned wfs-t<BR>
+3) free talk about wcs demos</P>
 
-<P>&#45; Overall performance is 50-60% faster than JRuby 0.9.0<BR>
-&#45; Improved Rails support<BR>
-&#45; New syntax for including Java classes into Ruby<BR>
-&#45; New interpreter design<BR>
-&#45; Refactoring of method dispatch, code evaluation, and block dispatch code<BR>
-&#45; Parser performance enhancement<BR>
-&#45; Rewriting of Enumerable and StringScanner in Java<BR>
-&#45; New experimental syntax for implementing interfaces<BR>
-&#45; 86 Jira issues resolved since 0.9.0</P>
-
-<P>Ola Bini has been inducted into JRuby as a core developer during this development cycle.<BR>
-He has been coding like an unstoppable machine and we want to make sure he gets the<BR>
-recognition he deserves.</P>
-
-<P>In addition to contributions from the regular suspects we have several new contributors<BR>
-worth mentioning: Ryan Bell, Dave Brosius, Miguel Covarrubias, Antti Karanta, and<BR>
-Michael Studman.</P>
 
-<P>Additional thanks to all the people on our mailing lists who help give feedback and ideas.<BR>
-JRuby just keeps getting better and better.</P>
+<DIV class="preformatted"><DIV class="preformattedContent">
+<PRE>&lt;aaime&gt;	hi
+&lt;jdeolive&gt;	hi all
+&lt;jgarnett&gt;	Hi
+&lt;jdeolive&gt;	not sure if brent is around today?
+&lt;aaime&gt;	He said it&apos;s holiday today?
+I thought both of you were in Victoria?
+&lt;groldan&gt;	hi all
+&lt;jdeolive&gt;	hmm, if it is i didn&apos;t know about it
+&lt;aaime&gt;	Trying to contact him on IM, not sure he&apos;ll see my msg
+&lt;jdeolive&gt;	what the heck am I doing here then :)
+&lt;aaime&gt;	Justin, I don&apos;t know :-)
+Ha ha aha
+Ok, topics for today&apos;s meeting?
+=-=	aaime has changed the topic to &quot;1) 1.4.0rc3 release 2) versioned wfs-t&quot;
+&lt;aaime&gt;	Does anyone have more?
+Apparently not
+Anyone intersted in discussing 1) or 2)?
+&lt;groldan&gt;	1) arcsde goes out with pending unit tests to pass for next week. Read only access should be fine, though. 2) floor is yours? :)
+&lt;aaime&gt;	Well, just wanted to point out I&apos;ve started to look into versioning for good
+And any feedback is much appreciated
+Rangin from requirements to design to implementation
+&lt;jgarnett&gt;	hi andrea; I am mostly here - fussing over a tile service
+&lt;aaime&gt;	Expert advice from ArcSDE users welcomed :-p
+Jody, Geoserver is interested in implementing the tile spec, but not this week :-)
+Will take some time, but we&apos;ll get there
+At the moment we really need to kick 1.4.0 out of the door
+It&apos; starting to become embarassing
+&lt;groldan&gt;	versioning is meant to only deal with that odd version attribute in WFS 1.0 or there is something more elaborate in 1.1?
+&lt;jgarnett&gt;	that is okay andrea; I need to implement the API this week (uDig has been too long w/ out a new feature)
+&lt;aaime&gt;	It&apos;s beyond the wfs spec, our own extension
+Think cvs for features
+Much more in line with ArcSDE versioning
+&lt;jgarnett&gt;	aaime; there was some talk of oracle sponsoring a look into WFS long transaction support - to the point where WFS-T would be a valid input.
+&lt;aaime&gt;	Btw, does the arcsde datastore provide access to versions somehow?
+&lt;groldan&gt;	nope
+&lt;aaime&gt;	Hem, talks are nice, but we need facts
+Did they ever produce anything beyoind talks?
+&lt;groldan&gt;	it uses the default version
+&lt;jgarnett&gt;	ohh; good call use ArcSDE as one &quot;Target&quot; for your versioning; and oracle as the other ... and then from that learn what extra tables &amp; triggers are needed for PostGIS.
+&lt;groldan&gt;	:)
+&lt;jgarnett&gt;	aaime I think they produced money; but none of it went in our direction.
+&lt;aaime&gt;	Well, I can learn the extra tables from arcsde design directly
+but I&apos;m not sure we want to go the arcsde direction
+since it&apos;s a forward versioning system
+(see the doc for details)
+so it&apos;s bound to become slow over time
+and needs mantainance to keep being fast
+&lt;jgarnett&gt;	http://geospatial.blogs.com/geospatial/2006/05/interoeprabilit.html
+&lt;sigq&gt;	Title: Between the Poles: Interoperability using Tightly and Loosely Coupled (SOA) Architectures (at geospatial.blogs.com)
+&lt;jgarnett&gt;	http://geospatial.blogs.com/geospatial/2006/04/gita_2006.html
+&lt;sigq&gt;	Title: Between the Poles: GITA 2006 (at geospatial.blogs.com)
+&lt;jgarnett&gt;	there is some more passing mentions to oracle vs WFS
+&lt;aaime&gt;	I see
+Another link to explore :-)
+--&gt;|	brent (n=chatzill@S0106000e08e0ecab.gv.shawcable.net) has joined #geoserver
+&lt;aaime&gt;	Ok, thanks for the feedback
+&lt;brent&gt;	sorry I&apos;m late
+&lt;aaime&gt;	Meeting done?
+&lt;jgarnett&gt;	well I am a bit out of the loop on GeoServer land
+how about a general update?
+gabriel are you up to anything w/ respect to geoserver?
+&lt;brent&gt;	we are getting the (hopefully) last release candidate out this week
+and then pushing for 1.5 to release
+&lt;groldan&gt;	not really, kind of stuck on my version of ows branch till next week
+&lt;jgarnett&gt;	The other question is how are the users doing? Can we do anything to encourage the developer community - I saw one &quot;Async&quot; request that sounded interesting - but we forgot to send the invite to IRC.
+--&gt;|	AlFa (n=AlFa@host133-125-dynamic.8-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it) has joined #geoserver
+&lt;jgarnett&gt;	(aside: I am not doing much geoserver related other then beating up geotools codebase w/ justin)
+&lt;AlFa&gt;	hi
+&lt;aaime&gt;	Hi Alessio
+&lt;brent&gt;	hi Alessio
+&lt;aaime&gt;	We were just wondering when 1.5.0 could be out
+(Well, at least the first rc)
+&lt;jgarnett&gt;	Hi Alessio; meeting is basically over - last topic is an update on what people are up to.
+&lt;brent&gt;	1.4 is about ready, so we would like to start pushing out 1.5
+&lt;aaime&gt;	Since we&apos;re passing wcs cite tests....

[... 50 lines stripped ...]


Mime
View raw message